Website Aga Khan Foundation
PROJECT COORDINATOR MARK DEVELOPMENT AT AGA KHAN FOUNDATION-MOROGORO 2017
Who we Are
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, non-denominational, international development agency promoting creative and effective solutions to selected problems that impede social and economic development in parts of Africa and Asia. AKF-Tanzania is part of the AKF-East Africa regional structure that supports programmes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. In Tanzania, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectorial initiatives that includes programmes in inclusive economic development, health, nutrition, early childhood development, education and civil society strengthening. AKF operations are currently being carried out in Dar-es-salaam, Mtwara, Lindi, Arusha, Mwanza, Morogoro and Zanzibar.
Aga Khan Foundation Tanzania is working towards strengthening capacities of smallholder rice farmers and famer groups to enhance productivity and reduce postharvest losses, in Morogoro region. AKF will implement the rice value chain project to enhance productivity, reduce post-harvest losses, facilitate value chain actors to enhance business services, improve infrastructure and management of post-harvest storage facilities, collective marketing, value addition and market linkages. The overall objective is to increase competitiveness and improve post-harvest value chain efficiencies among smallholder farmers in the rice sector.
AKF is therefore looking for well a qualified professional with unquestionable integrity to fill the Project Coordinator- Market Development position Reports to: Project Manager
To lead on market linkages in the rice market system, supporting millers, producer groups, enterprises, and larger private sector to collaborate. Develop capacity of local Micro, Small, Medium and Growing Enterprises (MSMEs) in terms of business growth, marketing, operations, technical/agronomic development, and strategy.
Advise on technical support for the businesses in terms of operations (predominantly for millers, traders, transporters).
Specific responsibilities include:
- Map out, identify, and assess existing market stakeholders for rice, functions, gaps, and systemic constraints
- Develop work plan and action items to engage private sector, enterprises, and producer groups in a conducive and empowering manner, while also including the marginalized
- Engage enterprises in Morogoro to address key gaps within value chains (transportation, trade, processing, packaging, branding, labeling, distributing). Ensure enterprises have ownership and sustainable approaches to growth
- Report on impact, business development to Project Manager and senior management
- Support Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning team to learn from experience and improve programming
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business management, operations, advisory, private sector development; desired experience in agri-business
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree in Business Management or related field. Preferably a Masters in Business Administration but candidates with experience will be looked at closely.
- Experience and understanding of Market Systems for the Poor (M4P) approach to increasing economic opportunities and value chain development
- Commitment to teamwork. Must have a good sense for efficiency and effectiveness, and an eye for innovation.
- A strong work ethic, energetic, creative, and willing to learn.
- Strong understanding of the rice market system and value chain systemic constraints, partners, implementers
- Must be willing to live in Morogoro Tanzania and spend long periods in rural areas
- Speak fluent Swahili and English
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV (not exceeding four pages) and the names and contact information of three referees before close of business by 26th October 2017, to Country Human Resources Manager, Aga Khan Foundation, Tanzania, by e-mail to [email protected]. Please mention the title of the position in your email and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source: Daily News October 10, 2017
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]