Manager, Accounting & Finance at Room to Read, June 2018
VACANCIES AT ROOM TO READ TANZANIA
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRAPosition: Manager, Accounting & Finance
The Manager. Accounting & Finance will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the organization's finance and accounting, lead the development of country's capacity to deliver the objectives set forth for the finance department in supporting Room to Read Tanzania short and long term goals and accountable for overall coordination related to Finance with Regional and Global Offices. Take leadership to ensure that all financial policies and procedures are appropriately in compliance and provide technical, financial management advice to the Country Director. Program Director.
Field Manager and Head of departments to ensure efficient functioning of internal controls and procedures, cash management, security of cash, reporting, budget preparation and provide technical supervision. guidance and leadership to staff directly under supervision for carrying out their day to day works. This position reports to the Country Director and has two direct reports; Accounting & Finance Associate and Accounting & Finance Officer.
Location: Dares Salaam.
Role and Responsibilities:
• In cooperation with Country Director and Program Operations Director, creates, implements and analyzes financial budgets and forecasts, ensuring alignment with programmatic strategies and global office requirements.
• Maintains excellent records related to bookkeeping, expenses, funds. partnership ventures, that are at all times accurate, substantiated, up to date. sufficiently detailed and prepared for random spot checks by internal audit functions.
• Prepares and submits all financial reporting documents required by Global Office in a precise and timely manner. This includes predicting cash needs on a monthly basis, maintaining required bank balances, processing wire transfers, completing detailed expense reports, etc.
• Creates and manages billing processes (accounts payable/receivable). and develops other administrative policies and procedures as needed.
• Sets up and maintains adequate in-country financial reporting in accordance with government regulations.
• Manages Room to Read's financial legal compliance in Tanzania. navigating procedures for expansion and complying with all governmental standards. requirements, and regulations.
• Prepares financial Monthly, Quarterly reports and submit to Global Office In a timely manner;
• Implement accounting guidelines and random field audits.
• Issues staff and program related reimbursements in a timely manner and in accordance with guidelines set by Regional and global office.
• Develops and leads strategies and practices for continuous improvement of Room to Read Tanzania financial policies and standard Operating procedures.
• Directs, facilitates and controls the activities of the finance department and the financial activities of the in-country programs.
• Ensures compliance to Room to Read financial polities and country regulations on the implementation of accounting standards and procedures at all levels of the program. including projects delivered through local implementing partners.
• Coordinates the financial planning process. and the preparation and management of the annual budget for overall country's program.
• Ensures effective and proper financial management in all areas of the organization, including review and approval of all funding disbursements to projects and implementing partners.
• Ensures audit standards to comply with Room to Read and other funding agencies' audit requirements, and governmental requirements.
• Provides leadership by inspiring motivating and building a fully-capable finance team at all levels of the country program in the pursuit of Room to Read's organizational objectives of good stewardship of resources, transparency and accountability.
• Ensures effective and efficient implementation of government rules and requirements in the area of finance.
• Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
• Post Graduate/Advance degree in finance or accounting.
• A minimum of five years of professional experience in a financial management position.
• Experience in successful implementation of a wide range of responsibilities in a prior financial services position.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
Preferred: • CPA/ACCA qualified
• 5-6 years related accounting experience in a managerial position, preferably in an INGO
• Experience developing and/or implementing large-scale literacy initiatives.
Please visit our website at www.roomtoread.org and click on the *careers' link under about us tab. This will take you to Room to Read's Career Portal. Click on the See Current Vacancies to find this vacancy, select the vacancy you are interested and click apply to begin the online application process. If you do not hear from Room to Read within one month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Please note that late applications will not be considered and correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. Women are encouraged to apply.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
CLOSING DATE: 12th June, 2018.
Source: The Guardian June 06, 2018