Project Manager at VSO Tanzania, May 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Unguja, Tanzania
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract length: 1 year
Full Time: 35 hours per week
Application Closing Date: 21 May 2018
Interview date: to be confirmed
Start date: 11 June 2018
ICS is a UK government-funded development programme that brings together 18 to 25-year-old from all backgrounds to fight poverty in. Tanzania ICS is implemented by VSO Tanzania in Kagera, Kilimanajaro, Zanzibar and Mbeya Region. VSO has worked in this regions to tackle issues in Education, Health and Livelihoods.
The ideal person will support two youth employment projects, support Tanzania youth to have the skills, knowledge and behaviours to successfully obtain employment or self employment. You will be responsible for overall project management including monthly donor reporting, financial and grant management, issues and risk resolution and volunteer management.You will ensure good partner relationship between VSO and partners we work with and other stake holders. Also you will represent VSO in meetings at the community level, when you are passionate about making a difference with young people and for young people to fight poverty, this is your job!
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Development studies, Business Administration or other equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience of managing development projects, ideally, in livelihoods and/or youth employment.
- Demonstrated experience of applying project cycle management practices at a project or community level
- Demonstrated success at networking and partnership development
- Proven experience in financial management, including budgeting, monitoring and managing expenditure
- Proven ability to manage, develop and motivate others within a team
- Demonstrated ability at successfully monitoring and evaluating projects
- Evidence of leadership skills including handling complex situations to an effective conclusion.
- Oral and written fluency in English, with confidence in communicating to a wide range of audiences
- IT literate (Microsoft packages)
- Self-motivated, ability to use own initiative, flexibility.
- Excellent coordination and planning skills with experience of working under pressure. Time management skills.
- Practical experience gained within an volunteering NGO context
- Commitment to VSO’s work and values
- Experience and knowledge of project location
Due to anticipated interest in this post, only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY