National Director at SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania, May 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA
SOS CHILDREN'S VILLAGES TANZANIA
JOB ADVERTISEMENT/CAREERSSOS Children's Villages Tanzania and Zanzibar is a child focussed organization and an affiliate of the SOS Children Villages International. It is non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational, and non-racial. Its overall mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities. To realise the mission of the organisation, SOS CV Tanzania and Zanzibar is recruiting a National Director who will lead the organisation.
National Director (Job Ref: SOS/ND/29 /4)
Location: Dar es Salaam
Open only for Tanzanian Citizens
Purpose of the Position
The National Director will, with the support of the Board, provide strategic direction and leadership to the organization; and be responsible for expanding its impact, effectiveness and capacity. The incumbent will cultivate good working relationships with partners, donors, government, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
• Deliver effective programmes and services to children, youth, families and communities within the framework of the organization's Vision, Mission & Values.
• Lead implementation of organizational strategic plan to ensure sustainable programmes that are operationally effective and guarantee quality child-care according to defined standards.
• Ensure accountability and compliance to organization policies, standards and procedures and act on agreements as guided by the regional office to ensure international strategies are implemented.
• Develop projections and annual budgets for effective and sustainable management of the organization's financial and other resources. Overall responsibility for financial management and accountability, including planning, accounting, reporting and controls.
• Take a lead role in fundraising and pursue government support and private sources to maximize the resource mobilization potential in the country and beyond.
• Together with Regional Advocacy team, manage SOS CV's visibility in the country and support national and international advocacy efforts.
• Develop, train and retain the highly skilled teams to ensure the organization has the necessary competencies to fulfill its long-term goals and objectives.
• Lead and supervise the national and location management team.
• Represent the organization both nationally and internationally.
We are looking for a dynamic, charismatic and credible leader with the following:
• Master's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field. A Bachelor's degree in Business, Law, Public Policy and Social Sciences.
• At least 10 years' experience in developmental work at senior management and leadership positions. Senior Management experience in a corporate environment and non-governmental organization is an added advantage.
• A good understanding of child rights and child development issues.
• Experience in developing, nurturing and implementing development programmes and fundraising by establishing long-term partnerships with stakeholders who include government, bilateral donors and private sector.
• Strong influential and executive leadership style, an articulate and confident manager able to spur confidence in the organisation, working closely with the Board for governance and management
• A successful record of accomplishment working with and building high-performance teams in a multi-cultural setting.
• Must have strong managerial experience and leadership abilities to handle significant number of staff and program participants.
• Must be well networked with government and other likeminded organizations in Tanzania, Zanzibar and beyond.
• Experience of managing complex change processes and relationships involving a wide range of both internal and external stakeholders
• Good information analysis and report writing skills.
• Language: Fluency in English, strong communication and presentation skills.
• Other skills: Computer proficiency in MS. Office suite packages
• The opportunity to drive the operational implementation strategy of one of the largest NGOs in the country and to support our meaningful mission: "We build families for children in need, we help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities."
• A management position with a varied scope of tasks and the responsibility to further develop the organization to achieve its strategic goals
• Opportunities for further training and development
How to apply
If you believe you are the right candidate, please send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), motivation letter and three traceable referees by May 18, 2018 at the latest to
Applications should be submitted electronically indicating the position you are applying for in the subject, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children's Villages strives to ensure gender balance therefore, we strongly encourage women to apply for this position
Source: Mwananchi 04 May, 2018