Electrical and Redreir Manager at Alliance One International, May 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA/JOBS/CAREERSAlliance One International
Electrical and Redreir Manager
At Alliance One, our purpose is to transform people's lives so that together we can grow a better world. We are the trusted provider of certified, sustainable and traceable agricultural products and ingredients to businesses and customers. We have 150 years of experience as a leading independent leaf tobacco merchant; serving the worlds multinational cigarette manufacturers. Our sustainability program rooted in three pillars: Producers, People and Planet has been a source of pride for our employees and will continue to be at the core of our business. As we pursue the next 150 years we are looking to diversify our services and products with people who have the courage to lead and an entrepreneurial spirit. You will be sitting in the engine of growth as we shape our future together.
The Redrier and Electrical Manager reports to the Factory Director and directs engineering services involving plant construction projects, alterations, and installations and directly supervises major projects. The Redrier and Electrical Manager is responsible for capital project expenditures and process improvements. Directs and prepares blueprints for additions, installations, and maintenance purposes. This individual ensures compliance with appropriate rules and regulations affecting all pollutions, hazardous waste, and environmental controls. Troubleshoots the most complex tobacco processing machinery and equipment. The Redrier and Electrical Manager functions as the emergency response coordinator for environment conditions requiring cleanup. Supervises and develops engineers and mechanics and ensures that established efficiency and safety targets are met
What you will do:
• Provide engineering skills and management direction to the Engineering and Maintenance Departments.
• Coordinate and leads all engineering and maintenance systems.
• Directly supervises plant engineers and maintenance process managers of various technical levels (currently 3-4 salaried employees, 16 maintenance skilled craftsman).
• Provide overall direction for the preparation, administration, and execution of the plant capital construction and special expense programs.
• Manage both a Capital and Expense Budget.
• Coordinate the design, construction, and startup of new facilities using state of the art engineering and construction management techniques.
• Directly responsible for contractor compliance with
• Determine need for external consultants to address project or process issues. Monitors plant utility usage and costs.
• Take lead in developing and endorsing new ideas, new technologies and new engineering approaches.
• Challenge the status quo and best practices in an effort to continuously reduce lead times.
• Work with other groups to deliver appropriate training on lean manufacturing, and support implementation.
• Assist in understanding and implementation of debottlenecking techniques such as quick changeover, MEE analysis, Pareto analyses, etc.
• Take lead in Cost Reduction efforts.
• Responsible for managing plant process computer hardware and software engineering and maintenance.
• Responsible for fixed Assets Inventory and Updates.
• Develop a successful engineering team through leadership and coaching
• Ensure Engineering and design information for all projects is property developed, documented, and maintained
Who you are and what you've done:
A Degree in Engineering, BS Electrical, other Engineering degrees considered with extensive applicable experience.Skilled in multiple areas including high voltage, electrical distribution, transformers, programmable logic controller. Seven years minimum Industrial Experience.
The Human Resources Director
Alliance One TobaccoTanzania Limited
P.O. Box 1595
Source: Daily News May 07, 2018