EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT PLAN INTERNATIONAL - TANZANIA
Plan is an international child - centered Development Organization whose mission is to achieve lasting improvements in the quality of life of deprived children through a process that unites people across cultures and adds meaning and value to their lives.
Plan Tanzania now invites applications from suitable, qualified and experienced persons to fill the positions described below.
PROGRAM UNIT MANAGER (1 POSITION KISARAWE)
The purpose of this position is to lead and manage Program Unit staffs in planning, implementing and monitoring program interventions to high quality, and manage the teams to ensure they perform highly and achieve organizational goals. The Program Unit Manager is in charge of providing strategic leadership in the overall implementation of the Country programs at the district level through the approaches which are aligned with organizational priorities. Donor compliance across all grants is also key.
She/he is responsible in ensuring that all targets are met by Program Unit staffs across all Key management areas of operation, program, sponsorship, Human resource and finance. She/he is also responsible in ensuring that programs are responsible for ensuring that programs are implemented in light of the CCCD standards and Plan's relationship with implementing partners at the PU level is at a high quality and in line with the Partnership Standards. She/he works in partnership with local authorities at the district /regional level and with Country office team. Overall, she/he is the representative of the Country Director at the Program Unit level and will ensure Plan's visibility and participation within the PU by facilitating appropriate collaboration, networks and partnerships.
• Lead the PU to deliver high quality program through implementing projects in a timely manner and to high quality, reflecting CCCD standards, gender analysis, child protection as well as other organisational priorities.
• Ensure that all programmes and AP budgets are aligned with the organisational vision & mission, CSP and the new Global Strategy.
• Supporting the Head of Partnership to Identify and engage key partners at the district in delivering quality programs and ensure effective documentation of lessons learned and best practice, supporting staff to reflect on what works well and what needs to change on a regular basis
• Staff capacity is built and their performance monitored through coaching, development plans and identification of talent for grooming as potential successors
• Prepare clear staff Individual Accountability Plans & KPIs as per relevant job requirement
• Leading in building a motivated and high performing team which strives for success.
• Lead the PU in implementing the Partnership Standards in collaboration with the Head of Partnership
• Ensure that costs from grants are effectively recovered and all related costs under grants are charged in appropriate account lines.
• Track Program Unit budget to ensure efficiency, timely and quality program investment, including full expenditure to 100% at the end of the FY with well planned spending throughout the year.
• Ensure existence and compliance of controls for risk reduction and management and that the PU risk database is up-to-date.
• Support the PU staff in planning and delivery of ad sponsorship communications so that targets are met consistently, in collaboration with the Sponsorship Manager
• Support project staff and thematic head to ensure quality and timely reporting of both mandatory and ad hoc reports, regardless of funding source.
• Oversee security at the PU including stall, program and property, ensuring that quarterly meetings with minutes of PU-Security review Team during green security phase at PU are filed.
• Lead and Coordinate the disaster risk management at the PU level depending on the level relevant to PU authority in times of emergencies
• Promote and abide by internal policies and procedures including but not limited to: Child Protection Policy, Code of Conduct, mandatory reporting responsibility
• Ensure that Child Protection Policy Implementation Standards are incorporated in the departmental processes as relevant and other staffs are hold accountable for its implementation.
• Ensure timely procurement of goods and services at the Program Unit level. Lead and advise on the appointment of the Program Unit procurement committee members, ensure their induction and performance at all times. Manage the work of the committee to ensure timely delivery of the procurement services entrusted to them.
• Being on high alert for disaster risks and communicating with Country Office in a fast and timely manner.
• Leading an Orange 1 category disaster including swift coordination with government, other agencies and CO.
• A degree in Community Development, Development studies, Business, Sociology. Master's degree will be an added advantage.
• At least 5 years working experience in a similar role with a good awareness of current issues in the field of development
• Experience in an INGO environment would be an added advantage.
• Understand development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implication to community (child) development.
• Knowledge of development issue especially those impacting child rights realisation
• Knowledge of cross cutting issues of gender, environment and child rights
• Knowledge on child right programming.
• Experience on project management cycle especially on the participatory approach
• Knowledge on people, Budget, grants and financial management
• Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills
• Good and sound financial management skills
• Problem and conflict solving, People management skills, Strong interpersonal skills
• Lobbying and advocacy skills
Plan Tanzania is a child centered organization. Protecting the rights of the children is of paramount interest to us. Subsequently, all short listed candidates will undergo a police vetting check for criminal offences particularly relating to any type of child abuse. The successful candidate will be required to sign and adhere to the Plan Tanzania child protection policy.
The above positions carry attractive remuneration as per Plan Tanzania salary structure and incentive package.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Plan Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer. Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certificate copies of relevant education and professional qualifications together with names of three referees, and their contact. Please note that Plan Tanzania has no recruitment agent, therefore all applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not latter than 17th April, 2018
Source: The Guardian April 05, 2018