Program Assistant at The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI) April 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA/CAREERS AGPAHI
Program Assistants- Vacancy
The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI), an affiliate of Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Organization (EGPAF) is Tanzanian led and managed national organization focusing largely on HIV and AIDS and other related health programs. AGPAHI implements all its programs in collaboration with Tanzania Government Entities through the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and President’s Office – Regional Administration and Local Government (PO RALG) and other stakeholders. AGPAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPAHI is looking for a motivated, result driven, qualified and competent staff to fill the following position.
Job Titles: Program Assistant (02)
Reports to: Program Officer Zonal Office
Location: Mwanza and Shinyanga
Purpose of post:
Program assistant will provide programmatic and programs related administrative support. Programmatic support includes coordinating all activities towards implementation of AGPAHI programs. Administrative support may include maintaining program information’s, compiling meeting minutes, keeping files up to date, managing program staff calendars and assisting in organizing programs related trainings and meetings.
- Assisting RPCs to draft Memos, participant list and budget for trainings, meetings and workshops
- To ensure all activity memos have received the necessary approval prior to activity implementation (Within and outside AGPAHI)
- To file reports related to activities implemented to address work plans of AGPAHI funded projects and ensure the documents are available for review in situations of audits, regional programmatic review and accreditation (filing documents in both hard and soft copies)
- To upload project related reports into the server for storage in an organized manner to ensure that they are easy to retrieve
- To document program meeting proceedings and ensure that the minutes are circulated to intended individuals in a timely manner
- To share calendar of program activities on a quarterly basis after it has been finalized by RPCs
- To draft invitation letters for planned meetings, workshops and trainings
- To ensure that quarterly feedback reports to regions are dispatched to the authorities after being finalized by RPCs
- Preparing training materials and ensuring that all training tools are available at the venue during implementation period
- To oversee registration of participants during training days and sharing the needed documents with Finance department for effecting payments
- To support program officers in carrying out programmatic activities in the field when the need arise
- To support the organization of activities such as program related facility based campaigns through ensuring the needed tools and items are available for the activity
- Support program staff to photocopy, print and bind needed documents for field activities including supervision tools, SOPs and job Aids during situations when staff are in the field and still this needs to be done
- Custodian of program related templates, guidelines and manuals and to ensure that new staff are provided with needed working tools
- Support in providing needed program related information as directed by RPC
- To share updates on ongoing program activities in the region on weekly basis (Share a table of on-going weekly activities)
- To organize and file information provided to donors from the regions for reference when needed
- To file SIMS reports and remediation updates as well as ensure that they are available when needed
- File reports from trainers and mentors
Qualifications, Skills and ability
- Educational background relevant to fulfillment of the duties and responsibilities as described above(University/college degree or Diploma on Social Science or any other related field is required)
- At least 1 years’ experience as a Program Administrator.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High quality written & oral communication ability
- Strong computer literacy
- Previous experience in working with NGO sector will be an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter quoting the title of the position, a CV and the Names and contact information of three referees (at least two of which must be professional) before the closure of business on Sunday 22, April 2018 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI) Plot 372, House No. 7 Chole Road (Near Coco Beach) P.O. Box 38252 Dar es Salaam or by e-mail to email@example.com Please quote the title of the position applied for in the e-mail subject line or on the application envelope.
AGPAHI is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.