Officer, Investor Services at Standard Bank Tanzania, May 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA STANDARD BANK TANZANIA
Job ID: 31752
Job Sector: Banking
Closing Date: May 4 2018
Region/State/Province/District: Dar es Salaam Region
Location: Dar es Salaam
Operations: a range of essential and complex services to ensure processes across the bank work as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Assist Head, Investor Services in achieving the department’s goals by ensuring that a cost effective, high quality service is provided to our customers, by effectively controlling tasks within the investor services section.
- Responsible for actual accurate settlements of cash, securities (Equities, Fixed Income & Money Market instruments) and Trustee Services transactions while ensuring that all settlements are settled in convention with the market rules, directives and procedures.
- Deal with clients telephonically, via SWIFT and e-mail and ensure all transactions are settled according to client’s SLA and relevant systems updated accurately
Ensure that all settlements procedures are complied with in accordance with procedure manual.
- Bring all problems and possible solutions to Head, Investors Services attention.
- Action all instructions in Settlement Module, Receive deliver windows, cancellation windows and rejection window in the Custody securities system and cash transactions in the core banking system
- Follow up on all excluded trades until resolved or escalate when not resolved within required time lines
- Follow up on all failed trades until cancelled
- Advice Head, Investors Services of all system related problems as soon as identified.
- Ensure that all filing is done in a methodical manner on a daily basis, and follow the correct retrieval procedures.
- Prioritize and Plan effectively, have sense of urgency in order to meet set deadlines.
- Ensure that all communication with relationship management is brought to the attention of the Head, Investors Services
- Ensure that you are aware of your responsibilities i.t.o. KRA’s and Job descriptions.
- Ensure that all outstanding issues are followed up conclusively
- Adhere to procedures. Identify and suggest amendments where applicable. (Discuss with Head, Investors Services prior to implementation)
- Ensure all manual controls are followed to ensure no fall outs in processing and excess (overdrafts) management
- Attend and proactively participate in all meetings / workshops / team builds, and provide input.
- Ensure relationship and services issues raised by clients are brought to the attention of the Head, Investor Services
- Ensure all errors are reported and recorded on error log
- Contribute to the achievement of the goals contained in the individual performance contract and team goals
- Understands and manages risk associated with the area of responsibility and its impact on the bank
- Continuously improve service offerings through innovation, and a future orientation towards automation.
- Demonstrate determination to achieve the ‘right’ business results, first time.
- Ensure service is provided in accordance to agreed standard Service Level Agreement.
- Ensure queries are responded to within 24 hour turn-around times and adequate resolution and follow-through.
- Ensure formalized back-up procedures are adhered to, and that sign-off is affected by the respective parties. Follow up and follow through with all outstanding matters and ensure that adequate written communication has been done
- Be responsible for, and initiate own development and career planning.
- Ensure the provision of a high quality and cost effective service to both internal and external clients by accurately analyzing the clients’ needs and market demands in order to define business requirements
- Action all aspects relating to settlements of all securities within the required timelines of the market rules & directives and clients SLA to prevent any penalties or reputational damage levied against the bank.
- Act as a back-up for Head, Investor Services when needed.
- Ensure support is provided to Officer that controls all aspects relating to Reporting and Reconciliation.
- Responsible for the implementation and adoption of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes the consideration and approval of PEP on-boarding and continued business engagement in instances where no adverse information is available.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree holder from a recognized University
- Custody Certification
- Business related Degree.
- Knowledge in the Financial Markets
- Knowledge of Banking products and services (including Operational products, Treasury, Custodial, Investment banking etc)
- Have a good understanding of all settlement related functions
- Sufficient technical, business and process knowledge relative to the securities industry
- Basic knowledge of Accounting/Finance
- Custody background will be an added advantage
- Computer Literacy MS Office
- Ability to learn new systems/processes and to grasp instructions quickly
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills (verbal & written)
- Strong relationship and inter-personal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to perform optimally and to remain focused while under pressure
- Ability to work in a team
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Positive attitude
- Proactive in all aspects
- Willing and able to ensure ongoing self-development
- Display initiative
- Ability to adapt readily to change
- Resilience and drive
- Self starter, confident and assertive
- Creative thinking
- Display respecting each other
- Providing excellent Customer Service
- Acting with Integrity