Nutrition Advisor at ACDI/VOCA Tanzania, May 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA ACDI/VOCA TANZANIA
ACDI/VOCA is an economic development organization that fosters broad-based economic growth, raises living standards, and creates vibrant communities. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA has worked in 146 countries since 1963. Its expertise is in catalyzing investment, climate smart agriculture, empowerment & resilience, institutional strengthening, and market systems.
Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture Advisor, Tanzania
We are currently seeking a Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Support Activity (MSNA) project based in Tanzania. MSNA will provide household level support to agriculture, nutrition, family planning, and water and sanitation activities.
- Identify and address opportunities to increase household production, purchase, and consumption of nutrient rich foods.
- Provide technical assistance and monitoring for nutrition-sensitive agricultural activities and services.
- Apply gender-sensitive best practices to develop innovative approaches to address barriers to intrahousehold allocation of food and decision making over household nutrition.
- Represent ACDI/VOCA interests during meetings related to nutrition-sensitive agriculture and other subjects with USAID Mission personnel, host-country government officials, international organizations, local and international NGOs, international donors, and others interested in ACDI/VOCA activities.
- Coordinate with relevant staff in regional offices as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in international nutrition, health, food security or other relevant field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of progressively responsible experience working on large donor-funded projects focusing on nutrition, agriculture, sanitation and hygiene, food security or other related technical areas.
- Experience in private sector agricultural production, marketing, or sales preferred.
- Demonstrated successful experience in implementing programs aimed at improving nutrition through multi-sectoral strategies.
- Demonstrated history of providing highly effective technical and managerial leadership on projects of similar size and scope.
- Demonstrated understanding of nutrition-sensitive agriculture concepts in Tanzanian context.
- Knowledge of social and behavior change communication theory and techniques.
- Experience with USAID is preferred.
- Willingness to travel required. Applicants may be expected to relocate to regional offices depending on solicitation requirements.
- Fluency in English required.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY