National Consultant-Plant Protection and Integrated Pest Management Specialist at The Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO), April 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTThe Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is seeking for suitably qualified and experienced person to undertake the following assignments under the FAO Programme in Tanzania.
NATIONAL CONSULTANT - Plant Protection and Integrated Pest Management Specialist
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is currently planning to support the Government in Building Surveillance and Management Capacity to Effectively Respond to Fall Armyworms (FAW) in Tanzania. In light of this. FAO is seeking to engage a suitably qualified and experienced person in Plant protection and Integrated Pest Management to undertake assignments as contained in this advertisement:
The National Consultant -Plant protection and Integrated Pest Management Specialist reports to the FAO Representative under direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme)
Tasks and responsibilities:
The National Consultant- Plant protection and Integrated Pest Management Specialist wit undertake the following duties-
• Oversee project implementation in accordance with the protect document, approved work plans and budgets:
• Prepare detailed project implementation work plan for the protect and participates on multidisciplinary project/work teams:
• Develop training tools and materials for use during training, workshop session:
• Organize workshops/seminars to create equal understanding among implementing partners at all levels:
• Collects and analyses relevant technical, social, economic, environmental, institutional and technology related information, data and/or statistics to support the delivery of programme projects, products and services:
• Updates databases on fall armyworm and other pests in collaboration with the FAO FAW framework programme - surveillance and early warning component:
• Implement day-to-day project activities in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
• liaise with the concerned staffs in FAO Office to ensure timely procurement and distribution of project inputs to benefiaaries and transfer of protect fund:
• monitor progress against agreed outcomes and outputs through pint field missions. discussion with key partner institution and periodical reports:
• Ensure preparation and submission of reports like monthly, quarterly. Final/terminal reports in timely manner:
• Participate vi and assist in field assessment missions and carefully review the reports after the missions
• Carries out any other tasks related to implementation of project/programme activities related to the improvement of fall arrnywomi management and other duties as required by FAO.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING:
• Advanced university degree in plant science with supporting course work preferably in agronomy, soil science, entomology, plant pathology and weed science or related field
• Experience with setting up field demonstrations, collecting data and writing reports and communicating with clientele to solve plant problems
• Five years of relevant experience in crop protection in the field preferably including experience on main crops in the Eastern Africa sub-region
• Working level of English would be considered an asset
• Results Focus
• Budding Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work. particularly in field positions is desirable:
• Extent and relevance of knowledge and experience in crop production/protection agro-biodiversity. conservation of plant
• genetic resources:
• Extent and relevance of experience in the preparation, editing and revision of technical/scientific documents and in organizing meetings and workshops:
• Extent and relevance of experience in developing training tools and information materials.
• Familiarity with Work experience in more than one location or area of work.
• Candidates should be Tanzanian.
• Academic qualifications; Advanced university degree in (for Consultants)
• Extent and relevance of work experience:
Duty station: Dodoma, Tanzania
Duration: May 2018 to April 2019
Remuneration: Based on UN service contracts remuneration rates for Tanzania
HOW TO APPLY
To apply. visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your crone profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the crane proNe. Applications should be sent with a detailed CV and Personal Profile Form to:
SIDA H, Ada Estate
All Hassan MwInyi Road - Opposite former DSTV Office
P. O. Box 2 Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline. Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European lime (CET) on the deadline for applications date (27th April 2018). We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
Source: The Guardian April 16, 2018