Job Opportunities at Sokoine University of Agriculture, Tanzania, April 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA/CAREERS/JOBS
SOKOINE UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE
Published on Wed, 11/04/2018 - 15:57Applications are invited from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant positions at. SOKOINE UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE in the Department of Health Services and "Green Resources Innovations for Livelihood Improvement" GRILI Project,
A: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
1. POSITION: MEDICAL OFFICER III (2 POSTS)
Holder of Doctor of Medicine degree from a recognized institution and should be registered with relevant medical board; possession of a Certificate of internship, and Certificate of Registration by the Medical Council of Tanganyika.
- Assisting in attending to all medical, surgical and paediatric cases.
- Assisting in conducting general and emergency surgery.
- Attending gynaecological cases.
- Making appropriate referrals and providing necessary guidance and counselling.
- Supervising and coaching junior staff
- Collecting, recording and storing patients' data.
- Performing other related duties as assigned by Superior
Department of Health Services at the Main and Solomon Mahlangu College of Science and Education Campuses in Morogoro Municipality
As per Treasury Registrar's Circular Na.9 Of 2015
Not above 45 years
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Permanent and Pensionable
B: "Green Resources Innovations for Livelihood Improvement" GRIM Project
Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) in collaboration with researchers at Nelson Mandela African Institute of Science and Technology Tanzania; Institute of Traditional Medicine (MUHAS), The National Institute for Medical Research, Mzumbe University and the University of Copenhagen is carrying out the research project titled "Green Resources Innovations for Livelihood Improvement" GRILL
1. POSITION: Research Assistant ( 1 Post)
- Bachelors' degree in relevant disciplines related to Natural Products chemistry and bioassays. It includes Bachelor of Science where chemistry is one of the major subjects; BSc with Education (Chemistry and Biology); Bachelor of Science in Laboratory Sciences and Technology (has to be good in Organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, instrumental methods and/ or natural products with evidence from research)
- High academic performance with experienced laboratory works Practical Research experience in operating and maintaining analytical equipments for analysis of natural products i.e. HPLC machine
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical abilities
- Knowledge of statistics and statistical packages.
- Strong sense of responsibility and organizational skills
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct research projects in consultation with project coordinator
- Assist in running and maintaining analytical equipments
- Write the project reports
- Coordinate and facilitate projects carried out by Post-doe, PhD, MSc and BSc students.
- Initiate individual new research ideas and projects.
- Facilitate and get involved in data collection, analysis and publication.
- Any other related tasks, as will be given by the Project Coordinator AGE: Not above 45 years old
As per treasury Registrar's Circular No 10 of 2015
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
2 years contract
2. POSITION: DRIVER III (1 Post)
Possession of a Secondary School Education Certificate (form IV), plus advanced Driving Certificate grade II from NIT or META and relevant Drivers license (WITH C 1, C2, C3 and D), Experience of working independently with Research Institutions or Organizations under field condition will be an added advantage.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Driving motor vehicles for the project
- Up-keeping the log books
- Ensuring safe keeping of the vehicle and tool kits
- Ensuring cleanliness of the vehicle
- Undertaking minor repair of problems detected
- Performing other related duties as may be assigned coordinator
As per treasury Registrar's Circular No 6 of 2015 AGE: Not above 45 years old
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
2 years contract by the project
GENERAL APPLICATION CONDITIONS:
i. Applicants employed in the public Sector should route their application letters through their current employers,
ii. Form IV and VI results slips, Testimonials and transcripts are not accepted.
iii. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
iv. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV is a criminal offence and will attract legal action.
v. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GENERAL MODE OF APPLICATION:
A HAND WRITTEN application letter, accompanied by Curriculum Vitae(CV),Certified Birth, Academic and (Professional if any) Certificates and names of at least two referees with their Contact
Details he addressed to the
DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR (ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE),
to reach him not later than TEN DAYS from the date of this advertisement.