Information Security Analyst and Network Engineer at Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA) April 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
TANZANIA COMMUNICATIONS REGULATORY AUTHORITY
ISO 9001:2015 CERTIFIED
TELECOMMUNICATIONS UNION (ITU) IN GENEVA
The Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA). is quasi-independent Government body established under the Tanzania Communications Regulatory Act No.12 of 2003 to regulate communications and broadcasting sectors in Tanzania.
On behalf of International Telecommunications Union ( ITU) a world-wide organization which brings government and industry together to coordinate the establishment and operation of global telecommunication network and services hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following Post available at the ITU Headquarters in Geneva- Switzerland:-
Information Security Analyst and Network Engineer
POST NUMBER: IS12/P3/328
Deadline for application submission to TCRA: 25th May, 2018
Vacancy Notice No. 12P-2018/SG-IS/EXTERNAL/P3
Duty Station: Geneva, SWITZERLAND
Duties / Responsibilities
- Under the delegated responsibility and supervision of the Head, ICT Security Unit within the Information Services Department (IS), the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Manages projects involving feasibility studies, analysis, design, planning, development, implementation, tests and commissioning of new, moderately complex information security products and data systems, networks (SIEM, IPS/IDS, Next Generation Firewalls, End device protection, Sandboxing, Forensics, LAN/WAN) as well as the secure Integration of heterogeneous systems (Unix, Windows) in physical or virtual environments and communications services; participates as a support team member with responsibility for securing components of complex systems and networks for Headquarters, Field Offices and ITU Events and Conferences.
- Provides technical recommendations on the use of existing and new technologies (such as cloud security, encryption, collaboration and secure mobility tools, secure storage and Information Management) to facilitate and enable the work of the Union, taking into consideration internal and external hosting and contracting or buying services.
- Carries out and assists in the integration of security controls across the ITU network environment; ensures appropriate data security and access controls across local and wide area networks; provides expert advice to users related to information security, analyzing users' requirements and translating these into new services in collaboration with other IS Divisions.
- Manages, operates and enhances existing security network infrastructure, firewalls, IPS, IDS, End device protection, Identity Management, authorization, accreditation, storage, information management, e-mail systems and related digital services; troubleshoots and provides continuing support, including resolving difficult problems, monitoring security events to ensure the control access effectiveness across the network, systems and applications; performs consolidation, integration and simplification to further improve the cost effectiveness of the security services portfolio.
- Identifies security alerts and new threats, analyses consequences and impacts, informs concerned parties and ensures proper handling; contributes to improving detection of and response to information security-related events and incidents; analyses and reports on actionable threat intelligence.
- Participates actively in drafting security policies, procedures and standards; monitors technical compliance; provides support to staff and managers in General Secretariat, Bureaus and Field Offices on the technical implementation of these security policies and related security controls; ensures security training.
- Monitors and analyzes Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) to identify security issues; participates in the definition of context-aware use cases; integrates to SIEM any mission-critical server or application; works with partners to establish security dashboards for managers.
- Handles all aspects of contract administration including calls for, and evaluation of, bids, establishment of service level agreements with vendors, usage, capacity and performance reporting.
- Participates in the maintenance of the computer-based awareness training program for staff in Headquarters and Field Offices; suggests content enhancement of the program and assess its effectiveness; launches phishing campaigns.
- Performs other related duties as required, such as writes or contributes to reports or papers on information security and network related topics, technical documentation as well as information security strategy.
Other details such as qualifications may be accessed on the ITU's website: http://itu.int/employment/Recruitment/index.html
Applicants for this post are advised to state their nationality, quote the vacancy notice number and address applications with completed ITU Personal History form (PHF) to the undersigned so as to reach him not later than 25th May 2018 respectively. The post applied for should be clearly marked on top of the envelope.
Deadline for application submissions to TCRA: 25th May 2018
Applications from women are encouraged.
ITU is an equal opportunity employer
Applications should be addressed to:
Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority,
Mawasiliano Towers 20 Sam Nuloma Road
P.O. Box 474, 14414.
DAR ES SALAAM
Source: The Guardian April 11, 2018