Finance Officer at JSI Research & Training Institute, April 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA JSI TANZANIA
Tanzania Community Health and Social Welfare Systems Strengthening Program
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Dar es Salaam
The Community Health and Social Welfare Systems Strengthening CHSS Program (CHSSP) is a five-year USAID funded cooperative agreement led by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) with partner World Education, Inc. CHSSP’s goal is to build capacity the of the Government of Tanzania’s health and social welfare structures at the community level to enable more accessible, higher quality health and social services for HIV affected and other vulnerable populations in targeted communities in Tanzania.
The Finance Officer is a full-time position and will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. S/he will set up and maintain the JSI financial accounts and administrative systems for the Community Health and Social Welfare Systems Strengthening Program. Finance Officer will be responsible for the accounting system, budget tracking and expenditure projections, expense monitoring and financial reporting for the Program. S/he will ensure cost-effectiveness, efficiency and accountability throughout the life of the Program. S/he will report to the Finance Manager
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist program staff with resolution of financial management and accounting problems;
- Do QuickBooks data entry/receipts vouchers in the system;
- Ensure that staff advances for activities are processed in a timely manner;
- Ensure that staff salaries are paid on timely manner
- Ensure that funds are transferred to the field offices on time.
- Ensure all un-cleared transactions in S2B system are cleared within a month
- Tracking and review of JSI vendors` invoices and ensure their timely payments;
- Prepare JSI field accounts documents/vouchers and ensure their timely (on monthly basis) submission to HQ;
- Advice Finance Manager and DFA on financial position of the project for funds transfer
- Advice Administration Manager on status of vendors payments on weekly basis
- Liaise with the bank on banking issues such as Check books, foreign exchange
- Prepare the LPOs to various vendors upon receipts of all approved relevant documents
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor which are in line with the general concert of this position.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a finance, accounting or business-related field;
- Relevant experience with USAID-funded programs and knowledge of USAID rules, and regulations strongly desired;
- At least 3 years of relevant accounting and financial management experience;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written English;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Access;
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting system desired;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Able to travel to project regional offices; and
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality for all project and staff proprietary matters.
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter to Chief of Party, at email@example.com by 06th May, 2018, thank you.
JSI Research & Training, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D