Employment Opportunities at The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS), April 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA/JOBS/CAREERS TANROADS MOROGORO
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF WORKS, TRANSPORT AND COMMUNICATION
TANROADS REGIONAL MANAGER'S OFFICE - MOROGORO
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TAN ROADS) is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works, Transport and Communication established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland's trunk and regional roads network. Its primary functions include the management of maintenance and development works, operations of the network and Axle Load Control, the implementation of road safety and environmental measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
Regional Manager, TANROADS - MOROGORO is looking for suitable qualified Tanzanian candidates for four (04) available Posts at Morogoro Weigh Bridge stations. Applications are invited from suitable qualified and competent Tanzanians to apply for the following positions:
1. POSITION TITLE: WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATORS (3 POSTS)
A: KEY QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Holders of Full Technician Certificate in Civil Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (FTC);
2. Must be Computer literate
3. Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English languages;
4. Must be Tanzanian citizen;
5. Not above 35 years of age
B: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
i. Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;
ii. Carrying out activities as described in the Road Traffic ( maximum Weigh of Vehicles) Regulations, 2001 which include the following
- Weighing Motor Vehicle Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) > _3.500,kg plying on our public Roads;
- Imposing Road damage fees on the post for overloaded motor vehicles;
- Measuring Physical dimensions of motor vehicles or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for determining compliance or non compliance with vehicle dimensions limit by the transporter for provision of relevant advice;
- Recording all necessary particular regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
- Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
- Reporting all matters of the respective shift to the Shift In-charge;
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Shift Incharge/ Regional Manager.
A: KEY QUALIFICATION:
1. Holders of Form IV Certificate;
2. Holder of valid Class E driving license 3. Having driving experience of at least five (3) years
4. Must be fluent in both written and spoken English and Swahili languages
5. Age. Not above 35 years of age
6. Must be Tanzanian citizen.
B: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Driving Agency's vehicle in urban and remote areas.
2. Maintaining the vehicle logbook and all accidents records pertaining to the assigned vehicle
3. Keeping the vehicle in good working order and clean condition
4. Reporting repairs or maintenance needs of the vehicle to the Shift In-charge timely
5. Observe good customer care, dignity and integrity
6. Performing any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by Shift In-charge/ Regional Manager.
All interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their own handwritten application letters, enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and CERTIFIED COPIES of relevant education and professional certificates, birth certificates, together with names of two referees and their contact addresses, telephone number(s) and Email addresses, so as to reach the address mentioned below not later than 04th May, 2018. Applications which will be received after deadline SHALL NOT be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please apply to: Regional Manager,
Tel:0232613091/2, Fax: 0232613049