Consulting - Monitoring & Evaluation Internship at Deloitte Tanzania, April 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA/KUJITOLEA DELOITTE
Consulting - Monitoring & Evaluation Internship- S&O - USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone
Deloitte East Africa
Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world
-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across five (5) countries of the region: Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and Burundi. Deloitte Tanzania has exciting opportunities for three (3) qualified individuals to join our USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone Program in our Ruvuma, Njombe and Morogoro offices.
About the Department
Deloitte East Africa has a well versed strategy and operations team uniquely positioned to support the strategic agenda of our clients in the key domains of growth, business improvement & optimization, and strategic transformation. The wide spectrum of capabilities, thought leadership and experience are underpinned by the Deloitte platform of executable strategy and innovation for growth.
Our unique strategic planning approach and capability allows executive teams to understand the future and create growth and aspirational viewpoints about the possibility in their markets and organizations.
About the Program
The USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone is a five year (1 October 2016 – 30 September 2021) program supported by the American People through United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The program is implemented by Deloitte Consulting Limited in 43 councils of Iringa, Njombe, Morogoro, Lindi, Mtwara and Ruvuma regions with its technical partners; Family Health International (FHI360), EngenderHealth and Management and Development for Health (MDH). The purpose of USAID Boresha Afya is to increase access to high quality, comprehensive, and integrated health services, in communities we serve especially women and youth. USAID Boresha Afya is set to create a dynamic, integrated platform for delivery of health services that emphasizes intensified coordination and collaboration between the government, health facilities and communities, towards achieving HIV epidemic control while integrating Family Planning (FP), Tuberculosis (TB), Maternal and Neonatal Child Health (MNCH), Malaria care and Nutrition through innovative integration approaches at all levels and opportunities.
Main purpose of the job
The Monitoring & Evaluation Interns will be responsible for supporting the M&E team in the region to collect, analyse and report quality data. They will support the M&E staff in identifying Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) capacity needs of the Data Clerks and provide support in building their capacity at all levels. They will assist to ensure the regions produce timely, quality and reliable data reporting.
This position reports directly to the Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Team Lead and administratively to the Regional Program Manager.
What you will do/Specialized Competencies:
- Work in close collaboration with facility health care workers, RHMT/CHMT, HMIS & FP’s to ensure coordination and complementarities of monitoring and evaluation activities to enhance regular data collection and submission;
- Work in collaboration with the regional project technical teams to review program performance and service statistics of each site and facilities;
- Contribute to the development and presentation of periodic reports to key stakeholders;
- Contribute to documentation and dissemination of best practices and lessons learnt;
- Build the capacity of the facility based data-clerks and health care workers on data quality assurance;
- Support development and implementation of data quality improvement plans for the program;
- Assist in quarterly data collection and analysis at site/district/regional level;
- Assist in the compilation of Semi and Annual Progress Reports (S/APRs), including quarterly reports;
- Producing a variety of written documents e.g. success stories, abstracts, data summaries, workshop reports, etc.;
- Actively participate in routine internal and external data quality assessments;
- Any other duties that may be assigned by your supervisor from time to time.
Key Performance areas
Make a strategic impact to the program by supporting the region through data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written English;
- Strong organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to priorities and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Advanced Computer skills i.e Advanced Excel, MS Word, Power Point
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society and make an impact that matters.
In addition to living our purpose, Juniors across our organization:
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent.
- Living our Purpose - Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
- Influence - Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
- Strategic Direction - Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Inspirational Leadership - Demonstrates an awareness of strengths, differences, and personal impact to motivate others.
How you will grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and business area you are applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Qualifications and work experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Demography, Social Sciences, Population, Health Informatics, Monitoring & Evaluation or any other related degree;
- Advanced Computer skills i.e Advanced Excel, MS Word, Power Point;
- Good planning and organization skills;
- Ability to use statistical analysis software preferably STATA.
To the successful candidates, the firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working together to make an impact that matters.
Closing date: 16 April 2018
Deloitte in Tanzania is the accounting and advisory firm of East Africa. The Tanzanian firm is locally owned, run and staffed with Tanzanian and international professionals. It is part of Deloitte’s East African practice providing services from offices in Dar es Salaam, Nairobi, Kampala, and Mombasa. Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms in Tanzania, serving a national and regional clientele. Headquartered in Dar-es-Salaam, Deloitte in Tanzania’s close to 100 highly qualified staff serve government agencies, multinational companies, financial institutions, insurance companies, manufacturing firms, donor organizations, NGOs, CBOs and FBOs.
Requisition code: EAT-148716-BK