Career Opportunity: DHIS2 Officer at JHPIEGO Tanzania, April 2018
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 42 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world's most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania, wishes to recruit a DHIS2 Officer.
DHIS2 Officer, [one position based in Dar es Salaam]
Jhpiego is recruiting a DHIS2 Officer to support the organization to optimize DHIS2 and other systems for effective data management.
• Ensure configuration, maintenance, proper functioning and output of DHIS2 and other data management systems
• Back- and front-end support of the Jhpiego data warehouse and other data management systems
• Quality assurance of DHIS2 and other data management systems across all projects and data warehouse
• Add modules as needed. Facilitate requirements gathering and system design process
• Build in-country capacity in DHIS 2 configuration, development and technical support
• Document the system
• Analyze system performance, identify challenges and troubleshoot
• Produce regular reports
• Develop interoperability / data exchange between DHIS 2 and other systems
• Collaborate to solve problems with JADE, DATIM and IPRS users
• Have deliverables of Monthly data from DHIS2 and other data management systems, along with assessment of data quality to explain the completeness and quality of the data
• Other activities as assigned by supervisor
• 3+ years of experience in the development and operations of DHIS2 for national health system and/ or for project-based instances and reporting to donor (DATIM, IPRS)
• Advanced degree (MPH, MS, MIS, MA, other) in computer science, informatics, public health or related fields such as health systems or health information
• Experienced in applying user-centered requirements processes for design
• Experience developing web-based and/or mobile applications, web-oriented programming language (e.g.
Java, Java Script), and Unix/Linux system management.
• Expert in the use of database management systems (MS-Access and Visual Basic are vital, SQL language, SQL server or MySQL preferred) and in the operating environment of Microsoft XP or further upgrades.
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, statistical analysis software such as SPSS, SAS, STATA or EPI-Info
• A team player but also able to work independently and to manage various projects on a daily basis with minimal supervision
• Excellent time management, peoples and partnership skills
• Excellent writing, English and Kiswahili skills
• Availability and willingness to travel up to 10% time
Jhpiego offers a competitive package selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience.
To apply please indicate the position title on the subject line of your e-mail, i.e. Application for DHIS2 Officer. All applications Should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter and your salary history.
Send your application through email: HRTZ@jhpiego.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is two weeks after the first appearance of this advert.
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: HRTZ@jhpiego.org is the address to use for this advert. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls and lobbying. If shortlisted, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps to be followed. If you suspect any wrong — doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource, through email@example.com
Source: The Guardian April 19, 2018