Accountant at TAZARA Saving and Credit Co-Operative Society Limited, April 2018
TAZARA SAVINGS AND CREDIT CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETY LTD
Telephone: 022 - 2860055
Nyerere/ Mandela Road.
JOB-VACANCY ACCOUNTANT (1POSITION)
TAZARA SACCOS limited is a registered co-operative society. SACCOS wishes to recruit a Tanzanian citizen for a post of Accountant as follows:-
Line of reporting: Manager.
Location: Dar es Salaam.
Salary: As per TAZARA SACCOS LTD Scheme of Service
Terms of Employment : Three years contract, renewable based on performance.
Area of operation: Dar es Salaam to Tunduma along TAZARA line.
Age limit: Not more than 50 years.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Prepare and submit to the Manager financial plans and budget before the end of financial year.
2. Keep books of accounts relating to revenue, grants and expenses accurately and timely according to accounts standards established by NBAA
3. Recommends accounting policies and procedure to the board through Manager.
4. Make sure that all societies' assets are maintained in accordance to the financial regulations of the land.
5. Timely prepare monthly, quarterly, annual financial report and statements of the society.
6. Control vote book of the society.
7. Facilitate the audit of books of accounts by external auditors within the required legal period.
8. Responds to all Internal and external audit queries accordingly, accurately and timely.
9. Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification, experience and skills required.
Education : University degree in Accountancy and Finance. B.Com (Accounting). BBA (Accounting) or equivalent Qualification from a recognized institution.
(CPA (T)/ACCA holder or its equivalent. 2 years experience are added advantage)
(i) Computer literacy.
(ii) Ability to work under pressure.
Mode of application:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV's. credentials, testimonials, two recent Passport size photographs, phone number and two referees to the:
TAZARA SACCOS LTD,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Closing date and time: 2nd May. 2018 at 15:00 hours.
NB: Only shortlisted applicants shall be called for Interview.
Source: Mwananchi 11 April 2018