Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Associate at Room to Read Tanzania, March 2018Organization Profile
World Change Starts with Educated Children. ®
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA
World Change Starts with Educated Children. ®
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA
Room to Read is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low income countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Founded in 2000 on the belief that world change starts with Educated Children, our innovative model focuses on deep. systemic transformation within schools in low income countries during two time periods which are most critical in a child's schooling; early primary school for literacy acquisition and secondary school for girls' education.
We work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions. By focusing on the quality of education provided within the communities and ensuring these outcomes are measured. we have created a model that can be replicated localized and sustained by governments Room to Read has benefited 10 million children across 17,000 communities in Bangladesh, Cambodia, Vietnam, Nepal, South Africa, India, Laos, Srilanka and Tanzania and aims to reach 15 million children by 2020
Position: RME Associate (1 position)
Location — Dar es Salaam Region
The Research, Monitoring & Evaluation (RM&E) Associate primary responsibilities will include providing technical expertise and working with program and operations team to support our research, monitoring and evaluation systems. The position will report directly to the RME Officer and will have regular interactions with all country staff. The successful incumbent will be engaged on a specific task contract and the position will be based in the Country Office located in Dar es Salaam but will require frequent travel to all areas where Room to Read operates.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise to support the design and implementation of monitoring activities, and work with operations managers to ensure the timely entry and reporting.
- Coordinate the implementation of Financial Literacy survey, including training and mentoring contract staff to help them develop the necessary knowledge and skill sets to run methodologically strong evaluations that adhere to global RM&E evaluation guidelines.
- Support Room to Read growing outcome-moni-toring initiatives, ensuring that staff have the necessary skills to collect outcome data in a high-quality and methodologically-sound manner, and facilitating in-country piloting of new outcome measures, if applicable.
- Synthesize and analyze program implementation monitoring, outcome-monitoring, Financial Education Life skills assessment data and prepare timely presentations and summary reports of key findings by program or operational activity. Support additional country-level data analysis as requested by the Country Director or Global Office.
- Facilitate timely CO-wide reflection on RM&E findings with relevant program and operational team members. This will include reflecting on findings of monthly, quarterly and annual global indicator data, program implementation monitoring data, and immediate dissemination of evaluation results.
- Work with Program Managers, Directors and the Country Director to identify program and operational improvements rooted in the data to more efficiently and effectively manage each program. Regularly update and reflect with the Country Management Team on new RM&E findings and the status of agreed-upon data-driv-en action items.
- Implement data quality monitoring activities in accordance with global guidelines, using the learnings to build country office team capacity on consistent understanding of organizational indicators and application of quality data collection practices.
- Travel regularly throughout the year to oversee the implementation of RM&E work, maintain an understanding of the current stage of development of RM&E practice in the organization, and identify where and how RM&E practice requires improvement and investment.
- Ensure CO RM&E practices are in or move towards alignment with global RM&E guidelines and work with GO RM&E to agree on areas where country-level contextualization is appropri-ate
- Stay informed about research and trends in the area of research. monitoring and evaluation and recommend improvements to our systems accordingly.
Qualifications arid Experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field, i.e education, research, social sciences/economics, Statistics.
• Proven previous experience in research, monitoring and evaluation.
• Strong technical competence in research and monitoring and evaluation methods
• Strong operational management ability a clear focus on results — sets goals. plans and oriontrz-es effectively, monitors quality and progress of work against plans.
• At least three years of experience in the related field.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, with proven ability to work with data software packages such as SPSS/SAS.
• Experience in data entry and analysis.
• Ability to travel frequently to where Room to Read Tanzania operates, including rural areas.
• Prior experience living and/or working in rural areas.
• Good knowledge and understanding of education issues, including community involvement in schools.
• Experience in successful implementation of a wide range of tasks.
• Commitment to continuous learning for professional development.
• Demonstrated ability to pull multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious relation-ships both within and outside the organization.
• Oral and written fluency in Swahili and English
• Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of operation research and leading country monitoring and evaluation strategy
• Effectiveness in working or volunteering in a fast-paced, growth-oriented global or regional non-governmental organization that is focused on maintaining high quality work and low overhead
Please send a cover letter and resume by email, with RME Associate in the subject line, to email@example.com or send by post to the Human Resources Manager, Room to Read Tanzania, House no.14, Senga Street, Mikocheni A, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
If you do not hear from Room to Read within one month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Please note that late applications will not be considered and correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and talent from diverse backgrounds.
CLOSING DATE 16 March, 2018
Source: Nipashe March 08, 2018