Human Resource Assistant at Pact Tanzania, March 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA PACT TANZANIA
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development. Pact Tanzania is a field office of "Pact" an international non-governmental and non-profit making organization with its headquarters in Washington DC. Pact Tanzania exists to build local capacity to enable systematic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy and enjoy the benefit nature provides.
For efficient execution of its duties, Pact Tanzania is looking for enthusiastic, creative, energetic individuals to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant (1 position)
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reporting To: Senior Human Resources Officer
Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Officer, the Human Resources assistant will be part and parcel of the Pact Tanzania Human Resources team. S/he will assist in all Human Resources operations and functions including recruitment, staff benefits administration, timesheet management, staff performance management, employment contract management and other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in recruitment process of various vacancies i.e. raising requisitions, processing advertisements of vacancies, shortlisting of application, arrange and participate-in interviews and conduct candidates reference checks.
• Assist in coordinating new hire orientation programs; ensure new hires fill all the on-boarding required documents and their registration to Pact Tanzania staff benefits providers are done timely i.e. health insurance, life assurance, pension funds accordingly
• Follow up on new hire objectives setting and whole probation review processes
• Assist in preparing employment contracts for fulltime employees, temporary employees and interns; ensure timely contract renewal as required
• Ensure staff personal folders and other related HR files are well documented and updated in a timely fashion
• Assist in following up timely submission of monthly staff timesheets
• Assist in staff performance management process including timely submission of probational objectives goals, mid probation review forms and overall probation reviews: ensure all the forms are filled and filed in staff particular folders
• Any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or related field of study
• Minimum of two (2) years relevant working experience in human resources and in a similar role, preferably with an International NGO.
• Good understanding of Tanzania employment related statutory requirements and organizational policies
• Good communication skills; both written and oral
• Ability to work well in a team and other employees
• Demonstrated high level of confidentiality
• Ability to work independently
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter describing why you are the right candidate for this position, a curriculum vitae detailing your experience and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Please send the application to humanresourcesTZ@pactworld.org with the heading Application for the position of Human Resources Assistant,
Pact Tanzania will only review the applications sent to the official e-mail address mentioned in this job advert.
The closing date for the applications will be Monday 12th March; 2018
(only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To learn more about Pact Tanzania visit: http://www.pactworld.org/country/tanzania
Source: The Guardian February 28, 2018