Advisor in the Programme at GIZ Tanzania, March 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA GIZ TANZANIA
Advisor in the programme
"Creating Perspectives: Business for Development, East Africa"
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft ftir Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ4 GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
GIZ Tanzania is currently looking to fill the position of Advisor in the programme "Creating Perspectives: Business for Development, East Africa':
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Fixed term contract
"Creating Perspectives: Business for Development, East Africa" is a joint Initiative by Federal German Ministry for Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Federation of German Industry (BDI), and the East African Community (EAC). The programme is carried out by GIZ and the East African Business Council (EABC). The programme pursues to increase productivity, competitiveness, and innovation in primarily small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in countries of the East African Community through private sector development.
The improvement of the economic situation of East African SME ought to be achieved by realizing three outputs: (A) improve economic activity in the region through scaling up of production and thus growth of businesses, (B) enhance the engagement of Germany's private sector in East Africa, and (C) evaluate the successes of German-East African business cooperation as to use it as a blueprint for subsequent, similar programmes in other partner regions.
• managing activities of the programme "Creating Perspectives: Business for Development" in Tanzania
▪ analyzing weaknesses and strengths of companies in the programme and developing interventions
• ensuring that partners in Tanzania are included in the programmes' network
• prepare meetings of national advisory board and accompany the members to regional board meetings
• analyze and advise the companies chosen from Tanzania together with team of consultants
• develop an implementation plan for selected companies with consultants and the programme manager
• organize trainings, workshops and other events of the programme that take place in Tanzania
• give feedback on the experiences and results and suggests necessary changes
• support cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners of the programme especially in Tanzania
• assist with PR and communication work
▪ ensure knowledge transfer to colleagues especially towards the knowledge management of the programme
• draw up reports and presentation documents
• assist with research activities and studies on political issues.
• assist with general programme planning and develop programme concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation,
Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience
• MSc in economics or a related field, an MBA is an asset
• at least 5 years' professional experience in a comparable position, preferably experience from business consulting and/or experience in a private sector company
• experiehce with SMEs is an advantage
• very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• fluent written and oral knowledge of English
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates by email to email@example.com. Please use the subject line "Advisor CP". Applications in hard copy will not be accepted.
Closing date for submission: 11/03/2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability or any other minority group.
Source: Daily News March 02, 2018