Accountant at Asilia Lodges and Camps Ltd, March 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA ASILIA LODGES AND CAMPS LTD - ZANZIBAR
Founded in 2004, Asilia has a leading presence in the main safari destinations in Tanzania and Kenya as well as a driving role in a number of pioneering projects. Asilia’s ultimate goal is to turn crucial and fragile natural habitats into lasting conservation economies, benefiting both the environment and local communities. At present the company owns and operates 20 lodges and camps as well as a ground handling operation. Asilia is the first Sustainable Safari / Lodge Company in Africa to receive a 5 Star rating for Sustainability from GIIRS, was recognized as one of the “Best Companies for the World” in 2013 and was awarded the 2014 Tourism for Tomorrow Business Award.
What we believe in
We believe that world class travel can go hand in hand with improving livelihoods and conservation of nature. Our luxury camps and lodges are in some of the most special places on earth. Places we want to safeguard for the future. We strive to transform whole areas, from crucial fragile natural habitats with often impoverished communities into lasting conservation economies: effectively protecting wildlife whilst providing opportunities for local people to prosper. Whichever department you work in your efforts will be crucial in achieving our conservation goal.
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
• Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
• Complies with International and Tanzania financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounts, Finance or any other related field.
• Proven work experience as an Accounts section (at least 2 years’ experience).
• Hands-on experience with accounting software
• Familiarity with advanced formulas in MS Excel
• Able to work into mult-cultural environment
• Proactive, confident, assertive, to have team management and negotiation skills
• Strong people management skills - ensure deliverables required by others to complete tasks are provided.
• Trustworthiness, to have a strong sense of integrity
• Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines to ensure work is completed within time.
• Clear communication skills ensuring flow of clear, timely and candid information.
• Independent worker - able to work well with minimal supervision and have a problem-solving attitude.
• Computer Literacy to effectively operate and manipulate online management systems.
• Faultless administration skills ensuring accurate and efficient procedures.
Please send your application and resume in only one Pdf document not later than 16th March 2018 to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Staff’s with less than one year of employment are not qualify
Hard copy or Hand delivery will not be considered
For more information about Asilia, please visit our website: http://www.asiliaafrica.com/