Project Officer-Enterprises Development: Food Chain at The Aga Khan Foundation February, 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA AGA KHAN FOUNDATION
AGA KHAN FOUNDATION TANZANIA
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYPOSITION: PROJECT OFFICER -ENTERPRISES DEVELOPMENT - FOOD VALUE CHAIN
LOCATION: MTWARA REGION
Who we are
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, non-denominational, international development agency promoting creative and effective solutions to selected problems that impede social and economic development in parts of Africa and Asia. AKF-Tanzania is part of the AKF East Africa regional structure that supports programmes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. In Tanzania, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectoral initiatives that includes programmes in inclusive economic development, health, nutrition, early childhood development, education and civil .society strengthening. AKF is looking for well a qualified professional with unquestionable integrity to fill the mentioned position.
To support the project marketing coordinator to manage value chains dynamics, facilitate market intelligence and market linkage, managing B2B and B2 Farmer linkages; and building the capacity of MSMEs to make project beneficiaries access markets and relevant technologies in order increase incomes and create self or addition jobs.
Major Responsibilities for PO-ED
• Work with different stakeholders to facilitate enterprises growth across Lindi and Mtwara to address key systemic constraints in a market system of specified value chains (this may include trade, processing, packaging, branding, labeling, and distributing).
• Facilitate a business plan development for different MSMEs (eg Food processors, Village Agro inputs Agents, poultry keepers, traders, producers etc.).
• Conduct training need assessment, prepare training material and facilitate training to project beneficiaries on the area of business management and marketing strategies.
• Assist project beneficiaries with meeting standards and requirements of specific markets.
• Provide the necessary market information to producers on different markets requirements
• Incentivize buyers to producers to do business transaction through different form of agreements like contracts and relationship marketing, etc.
• Provide market assessments and recommendations for the most potential local and export markets for specific food product categories that are linked to the project intervention
• Facilitate contacts in local and export markets (importers, traders (off takers), retailers etc.) and influence producers, food processing/marketing MSMEs or Producers representatives to link and negotiate with potential buyers/importers of produced commodities.
• Forge strong linkage with private sector dealing with technology development that can add value to producers and processors of horticulture, pulses, rice millers, poultry products etc. Such institution could be SIDO, TFDA and other players
• Organize different market platforms and alliances which bring together different market actors for market information sharing, exposure to new opportunities and strategy to address systemic constraints
• Facilitate Community Business Groups (CBSGs) with technical assistance to venture into other productive economic enterprises such as poultry and horticulture
• Prepare and disseminate marketing communication materials, such as fliers, bronchure, banners etc.
• Support Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning team to learn from experience and improve programming by documenting and sharing both success stories and case studies
• Self-driven and motivated person with minimum of 3 years' experience in MSMEs development, Agribusinesses, Commodity market analysis and market linkage; and sales skills in profit making private sector and/ or development organization.
• Minimum of bachelor's Degree in Agribusiness, business management or any related field.
• Strong understanding of market systems (market development/ 'Inclusive market') and how to pursue marketing opportunities for a range of value chains
Innovative: A person who turn challenges into opportunities and has capacity to see opportunities where other can't see and optimize that opportunity.
• Must be willing to live in Mtwara and sometimes operating in rural areas.
• Experience of integrating Community Based Saving groups (CBSGs) into other economic activities or vice versa.
• Speak and write fluent Swahili and English
• Able to ride motorcycle and possess a valid driving license
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV (not exceeding four pages) and the names and contact information of three referees before close of business by 5th March 2018, to Country Human Resources Manager, Aga Khan Foundation,Tanzania, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the title of the position in your email and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source: Daily News February 26, 2018