Branch Manager at DCB Commercial Bank Plc, February 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA DCB COMMERCIAL BANK
DCB Commercial Bank Plc
DCB Commercial Bank Plc is a fully fledged Commercial Bank dedicated at uplifting the standard of living of low, middle and corporate — income people in Tanzania. The bank is registered under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed by the Bank of Tanzania under the Banking and Financial Institutions Act, 2006. The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified and skilled personnel to fill the following available vacancy:
BRANCH MANAGER — MAGOMENI BRANCH
The bank is in the process of recruiting an experienced Branch Manager who will reside at Magomeni Branch and s/he will have the responsibility of overseeing all branch operations as well as successful service delivery in line with the bank's strategic plan.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Drive the achievement of contacted targets in the branch
• Build, develop and maintain high performing team committed to achieving the agreed targets/budget by obtain a thorough understanding of the business unit's strategy and explain it to team members in such a way that they understand the contribution they have to make.
• Lay down strategies for achieving contracted target and communicate to branch staff on monthly basis, review and evaluate the branch performance in accordance with the strategy put in place actions to bridge the gap if any
• Rigorously monitor expenditure against approved budgets and put measures in place to address variances. Continuously identify areas for improved efficiency and reduced cost
• Lead the branch in identifying and meeting customer needs through selling and cross selling DCB'Bank Plc products and services, Implement lead generation and referral in the branch
2. Customer Service and Relationship Building
• Schedule calls with the existing and target clients to create close relations and discuss cross selling opportunities in line with the banks focus
• Accountability for enhancement of customer service, ensure that the highest standards of Customer Service is provided to all clients
• Ensure complaints are timely logged and actioned, tracker is maintained, resolution and respond to client is done within a reasonable time
• Manage the banking relationships for portfolio of high net worth customer which may include senior local political figures and well known business people
• Conduct regular customer visits and motivate focused social events and individual entertainment in order to build long-term relationships
• Take accountability for the relationship with the client, across all hierarchical levels, which incorporates integrating and coordinating all contacts between the bank and the client.
3. Compliance and Risk Management (adherence to banks policies and procedure)
• Manage the implementation of all processes and procedures as stipulates in all branch operation manuals
• Ensure all reports and returns are prepared and submitted on time as required
• Adhere to the management of security items such as keys and safe combinations
• Ensure snap checks are conducted regularly as per the manuals
• Ensure adherence to all banks process, policies and procedure manuals
• Ensure adherence to banks risk and control policies
• Build awareness for the team and keep yourself updated with regard to KYC, COMPLIANCE and AML regulations
4. Monitor and Control Credit Portfolio
• Ensure credit applications are efficiently analyzed in accordance with the DCB Bank PLC credit policy, process and procedure
• Ensure excess are promptly addresses and reported, no account overdue
• Ensure timely renewal of credit facilities to avoid extensions
• Ensures insurance covers on business with credit facilities and securities are in place and up to date. • Manage the visits of clients and verification of stocks and debtors plus preparation of visit reports
• Monitor performance of clients' accounts and proactively propose remedial measures where applicable. • Ensure the payment of land rent on properties held as security where applicable
• Review the portfolio from a compliance perspective on a monthly basis and ensure that all documentation required for all client including those related to KYC, AML and SANCTIONS are up to date.
5. Learning and Growth (People Management and Career Development)
• Populate balanced scorecards for the team, ensure all staff have signed balanced scorecard and role profiles. Monthly healthy checks are done work with the team to address shortcoming during the next month. Escalate any major issues identified to the Director Branch Services
• Address poor performance of any team members through the formal Performance Accelerator program and ensure that continued poor performance
• Develop high performing team by conducting o performance discussions and assisting employees to prepare the portfolio of evidence for formal performance development discussions
• Writing and reporting skills
• Analytical skills
• Planning and organizing skills
• Delivering results timely and meeting customer expectations
• Entrepreneurial and commercial acumen
To be considered for this position you must meet the following criteria:
• A minimum of 5 years' experience covering core banking departments in the Branches.
• Degree in Economics, Business Administration or related profession. A Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
• Must have an experience of at least 2 years in credit processes.
• Tangible knowledge of Microsoft Office Application, specifically Excel and Word.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines and limited supervision.
Applications should be sent to the following address:
The Managing Director
DCB Commercial Bank PLC
DCB House - Magomeni Mwembechai
P.O. Box 19798 - DAR ES SALAAM
Closing Date: Deadline for submission of applications: 09th February 2018.
Source: The Guardian February 05, 2018