Vacancies at Jhpiego Tanzania, January, 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI / AJIRA JHPIEGO TANZANIA
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For 42 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world's most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego is implementing a number of projects in Tanzania. The position of
Deputy Director of Human Resource is open for immediate filling.
The Deputy Director of Human Resource, will be responsible for the management of all the HR functions, and the day-to-day provision of HR services for the Tanzania Country Office including. These include recruitment and on boarding of new staff, salary and benefits administration, staff learning and development, performance management, employee relations, employee engagement, records management, JEMS administration/iCIMS, implementing and managing HR policies, processes and procedures as per the HR policies. The above duties will be performed under the general oversight of the Director of Human Resource.
• Participate in the development and implementation of the approved annual HR plan and ensure that this is in line with the organizational strategic plan
• Ensure country team members and staff are well versed on the HR policies and that policies are implemented consistently.
• Review and update local employment policies as per local laws and best practices in the international NGO community.
• Manage the day to day review and approval of payment documents for staff. consultants and service providers as per the Table of Authority
• Provide supervision and direction to the HR officers and interns in the HR office
• Advice Director of HR on the emerging HR issues.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Review salary and benefits policies for local nationals to ensure that organization is able to attract and retain highly skilled staff
• Evaluate jobs for internal equity and external competitiveness against salary survey data
• Recommend review of salary scales and benchmark to the market on a regular basis.
• Administer all employee benefits including renewals, communication with staff, quality delivery of service
• Partner with hiring managers and Director of Human Resource to evaluate staffing needs and determine specific position responsibilities and requirements to ensure accurate candidate sourcing
• Draft job descriptions and advertise via appropriate channels in Kenya
• Responsible for prescreening of candidates and administer appropriate tests and coordinate next level of interviews
• Organize, lead and document post-interview debrief/feedback with interview teams and candidates
• Perform detailed reference checking and/or reference analyses on selected candidates and review results with hiring managers
• Collaborate with the Director of Human Resource to foster Jhpiego values and culture
• Work with others to design initiatives to ensure that staff are engaged and motivated
• Coordinate the performance management processes including appraisals after probation period, performance improvement plan (PIP), mid-year and end of year appraisals
• Coordinate annual merit review process
• Develop, foster and maintain a healthy employee relations environment providing staff a venue to discuss their work related problems and concerns.
• Counsel staff and supervisors for harmonious work relations
• Advise and assist staff with disciplinary and grievances and manage the progressive disciplinary process.
• Mediate in staff conflict situations.
New Hire Orientation
• Coordinate on-boarding with other departments to support the learning process of new employees
• Conduct follow-ups with new staff to ensure adaptation and identify problem areas
• Work closely with Supervisors to address issues affecting new staff
Employee Records Maintenance
• Ensure that employee files are complete and all required documentation is maintained in a confidential and secure manner.
• Ensure that new staff information is entered in JEMSACIMS are entered in a timely fashion,
• Maintain recruitment and attrition statistics for staff.
• Coordinate and provide backstopping support on JEMS HR
Learning & Development
• Coordinate learning and development initiatives on site and off site for staff, Conduct actual staff training as may be required
• Train new supervisors/managers to supervisory/management roles
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Master's in Business Administration in Human Resources [or related Field] with 7+ years managing human resources functions for mid-sized organization preferably with an international organization.
• In depth knowledge of Tanzanian labor laws and employment practices
• Highly motivated, energetic, independent self-starter with strong service orientation
• Highly organized with keen attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
• Strong presentation and communications skills, oral and written
• Proficiency in computer applications to include MS Office: Word. Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures
• Attention to detail and accuracy in data management, analysis, and reporting;
• Cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable in a multi-cultural, open office situation;
• Self-motivated and proactive with a positive attitude to work;
• Effective communicator and team member, instilling trust and confidence;
• Ability to organize and coordinate information and logistics for programs and activities.
Position: Procurement Officer [One position based in hinge]
The Procurement Officer is responsible for providing procurement support to the Jhpiego Tanzania Country Office. This includes sourcing, negotiating, purchasing and liaising with the wide variety of vendors/suppliers. The Procurement Officer will be responsible for the day to day implementation of the procurement systems and procedures. S/he will work closely with the Procurement Manager and Zonal Head of Finance to ensure timely procurement and will proactively identify gaps and make suggestions for improvement.
Roles and responsibilities
• Provide procurement support to the Jhpiego Tanzania country office
• Perform purchasing functions including:
• Sourcing for quotations and negotiating for prices, terms. delivery and after sale services with vendors,
• Prepare basis for vendor selection and where necessary forward to Jhpiego Baltimore Office for approval,
• Raising LPOs and forwarding to vendors/suppliers.
• Follow up with vendors to ensure timely delivery of goods and services,
• Work with Jhpiego staff to determine specifications for goods and services required.
• Maintaining/updating procurement systems and records: implementing the procurement system as identified by Jhpiego Baltimore.
• Assist in coordinating with Baltimore staff on approvals, shipments, clearing and deliveries to the Jhpiego Tanzania Office
• Participating in evaluating, appraising and selecting pre-qualified suppliers/vendors
• Work closely with the Senior Procurement Officer to ensure timely procurement and proactively identify gaps and make suggestions for improvement.
• Expedite the process of clearance, exemption approvals and waivers as necessary and maintain awareness of the country's shipping requirements.
• Track the progress of orders using my Jhpiego as necessary and clarify any missing or questionable information received from client.
• Maintain procurement tracking sheet offline or in Jhpiego intranet, ensure the tracking sheet is updated with the current procurement status
• Ensures user/client is frequently informed on the status of their order/requisition and the status is updated in Jhpiego intranet.
• Maintain VAT exemption tracking and VAT refund tracking template and work closely with VAT focal person to ensure VAT utilization report is prepared and submitted to TRA.
• Ensure appropriate vendor management and coordinate timely payment to all vendors. Follow up with suppliers/vendors after issuance of the Purchase Orders to ensure on time delivery of goods.
• Inform the user/client on any change pertaining to shipment delivery dates.
• Inform the store on the arrival of the shipment before delivery so as to make sure they are ready to receive the goods.
• Degree/Advance Diploma in Procurement and Supplies or related field and a minimum of two years of prior work experience in procurement functions.
• Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
• Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Management (GIPS preferred).
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience (experience in USAID-funded international organizations an added advantage).
• Member of a procurement and Supplies Professional Technician Board e.g. PSPTB
• Experience working in a busy office.
• Computer skills including demonstrated hands on-experience with MS Word, MS Power Point, and MS Excel.
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
• A broad variety of administrative, office management and computer skills.
• Experience in working in teams of multi-cultural backgrounds.
• Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work, requiring minimum supervision.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines. • Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
• Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
• Pleasant, warm and outgoing personality.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality.
• Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization.
Send the application through email HRTZ@jhpiego.org make sure the title of the email explicitly indicates application for the position you are interested in.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing of this advert in two (2) weeks after first publication of this advert.
Caution to the applicants: There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: HRTZ@jhpiego.org is the ONLY address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also don't charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong — doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource through inquiries.tzjhpiego.org
Source: The Guardian January 09, 2017