Senior Rigging Specialist at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML), January 2018
NAFASI ZA AJIRA/KAZI GEITA GOLD MINING LIMITED GGM
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania's leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km's from Mwanza City and 20 km's South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km's west of the fast growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Senior Rigging Specialist.
Job Number: GGM-2018-XIN-01
Number of Positions: . 01
Works For: Manager Infrastructure
Riggers trade certificate, valid operator's Certificate, Registered rigger with approved body. Scaffold inspection/training Certificate, Training course, and recognized safety training certificate. Recognized assessor qualification
10 years of Supervisory role, 5 years training, 8 years Trade
A. Managerial: Supervisory and delegation
B. Physical: Mobile crane operation, rigging and Scaffold erection.
C. Computational: Ability to use and understand load charts.
D. Oral: Good communication skills
E. Coaching: Proven training skills.
F. Written: Ability to compile written reports.
Purpose of the Role: To insure the safe and efficient deployment of rigging staff and equipment. Conduct operator and rigger training. Design and set up equipment controls and registers.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
- Manage the setting up and reviewing of documented company rigging safety procedures.
- Ensure that all safety procedures are followed, and coach subordinates about safety.
- Set up and Manage Lifting equipment register and Crane booking system.
- Register and inspect rigging equipment regularly and record all inspections. Sign off on inspections.
- Set up Operator training Modules, for mobile cranes and pendant type overhead cranes.
- Conduct training for Mobile cranes hydraulic, lattice boom,and overhead cranes.
- Access Crane operators competency.
- Set up Rigger training Modules and conduct courses.
- Set up Scaffold erection training Modules and conduct courses.
- Inspect and approve scaffold towers.
- Oversee all heavy lifts and confirm lifting radius and weights. Ensuring correctly sized equipment is used
- Planned maintenance inspections of overhead cranes.
- Monthly inspections of mobile cranes
- Planning, coordination and closure of work requests
- Effective delegation of tasks.
- Manage and over inspect erection scaffolding.
- Assist the Engineer with statutory lifting equipment inspections.
- Ensure all operator licences are valid and correct for the equipment being operated.
- Ensure that mobile equipment is serviced as per the planned maintenance schedule.
- House keeping
- Systems Audit.
- Safety statistics
- Systems Audit
- Equipment availability and condition.
- Training statistics
- Operator competency improvement.
- On site operator competency
- Training statistics
- Training statistics
- Safety Statistics
- Equipment Availability and safety record.
- Equipment availability and safety record
- Planned maintenance reports
- Feedback from maintenance staff
- Safety Audits
- Log books
- Workshop records
- Additional Requirements: Physique: Strenuous effort may be required during rigging operations
- Working Conditions: Able to work at heights
- Hazards: Working with heavy equipment and loads
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Senior Rigging Specialist. and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address. You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental Senior HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant's head of department.
Application Deadline: I Application letters should reach the above on or before 2nd feb, 2018 - 17hr30 . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.
Source: The Guardian January 25, 2018