Finance and Administration Manager at RTI International, January 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI / AJIRA RTI INTERNATIONAL TANZANIA
CAREER OPPORTUNITY-FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
RTI International is an independent organisation dedicated to conducting innovative. multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.With a worldwide staff of more than 4000 people. RTI offers innovative research and development and a fut spectrum of multidisciplinary services.
RTI International is seeking staff for the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID) Promoting Tanzanian's Environment. Conservation, and Tourism (PROTECT', project that addresses factors in Tanzania that threaten biodiversity conservation and naval resource management. USAID PROTECT s a S year activity that will end in March 2020.We are recruiting a France and Administration Manager in Dar es Salaam.
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER - Dar as Salaam
The USAID PROTECT name and Administration Manager (Filer) is expected to drive best practices in financial human resources and administrate management with the organization to maximize efficiency and growth. The FAM will be expected to lead a team of 3-5 staff to support in all areas of logistics are exertions for field based activities She/He will have a broad base of experience in an international setting. She/He works on team with USAID PROTECT Operations Director. DCOP and COP on a day to-day basis
• Oversees finance, human resource management logistics. procurement administration and information technology (IT) support to this large. complex ;reject, requesting diction from RTI regional office and headquarters business servers as needed and ensuring compliance with RTI and USAID regulations.
• Woks closely with COP, DCOP Operations Director, technical staff regional staff and headquarters staff to ensure project resources are effectively and efficiently budgeted, analyzed disbursed, monitored and reported in achieving project objectives and results.
• Work closely with RTI staff. government officials, and constructors to ensure full compliance with local laws (i.e. taxes, labor, shipping, customs registration). while integrating with parent systems and procedures.
• Oversee the field finance staff and support COP on managing project expenses to annual work plan and contract budgets; this includes the preparation and submission of monthly financial statements (including expenses. receivable and payables and budget variation reports).
• Ensure timely submission of expense reports, bark reconciliations and biweekly wire transfer requests to corporate headquarters in the US
• Oversee procurement requests for suppliers, furniture equipment, training events and
services as requested and manage the procurement process and approvals (i.e. prepare purchase orders, make payments and prepare justifications of expenditures).
• Oversee all Human Resources functions including hiring onboarding employment agreement preparations, HR he management, performance appraisal. and exit procedures.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
• Master's degree and 9 years of experience or Bachelor's Degree and 12 :ears of experience
• Minimum 8 years of experience in financial management with at least 5 years work on international technical assistance programs, including managing grants under contracts and sub-awards
• Certified Public Accountant of Tanzania or equivalent professional accounting qualification is required
• Experience overseeing farce and administration for a USAID-funded project is required.
• Knowledge of applicable USG procurement rules and regulations, and administrative pokes is required.
• Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent track record of good interpersonal supervision leadership and managerial skills
• Proven track record of problem-solving and conflict mitigation
• Proficiency in MS Excel Word, PowerPoint and Access plus working knowledge of accounting and procurement software (particularly QuickBooks) is strongly preferable.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, timeliness and ability to work independently
• Ability to multi-task work well with others and to listen and communicate both verbally and in writing
Email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th February, 2018.
Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copes of certificates. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
RTI International does not use agents or require any form of payment In the recruitment process.
RTI International Is proud to be on EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
Source The Guardian January 24, 2017