Accounts Assistant at The Aga Khan Foundation January, 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI / AJIRA AGA KHAN FOUNDATION
AGA KHAN FOUNDATION
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, non-denominational, international development agency promoting creative and effective solutions to selected problems that impede social and economic development in parts of Africa and Asia. AKF-Tanzania is part of the AKF-East Africa regional structure that supports programmes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. In Tanzania, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectorial initiatives that includes programmes in rural economic development, education, health, nutrition, early childhood development and civil society strengthening. AKF has a strong team with operations in Dar-es-salaam, Mtwara, Lindi, Arusha, Mwanza, Morogoro and Zanzibar.
AKF is looking for a dynamic and skilled professional who can take on the role of Accounts Assistant for the AKF Dar es Salaam Office. This position will report to the Financial Accountant.
• Processing of payments including review of supporting documents for reasonability and completeness
• Accurate data entry into the Financial Information System (iScala) and timely filling of all financial documents
• Cash management including bank balances and petty cash, monthly bank and petty cash reconciliations,
cash replenishment and review of petty cash requests
• Disbursement of payments to suppliers and reconciliation of payables and receivables
• Raise receipts for cash received and deposits
• Perform all Bank agent duties
• Timely preparation, reconciliation, payment and submission of various statutory obligation.
• Generate and dispatch Rental invoices to tenants on quarterly basis, and booking of all rental income
• Management of staff advances and accountabilities.
• A diploma/Advanced diploma in Accounting or equivalent professional qualification
• A minimum of 1 year experience preferably with a development agency or a non-government organization
• Proficieny in an accounting package, preferably in iScala would be an advantage
• Computer literate with full command over excel
• Good spoken and written English.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter quoting the title of the position, a CV and the names and contact information of three referees (at least two of which must be professional) before the close of business on January 26, 2018, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to
Aga Khan Foundation,
P.0 Box 125,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Please quote the title of the position applied for in the e-mail subject line or on the application envelope. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org).
Source: The Guardian January 15, 2018