Resource Mobilization and Business Development Coordinator at Care Tanzania
NAFASI ZA AJIRA CARE TANZANIA
We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.
CARE Career Opportunity
RE-ADVERTISE RESOURCE MOBILIZATION AND BUSINESS
DEVELOPMENT COORDINATORCARE Tanzania seeks to recruit qualified Tanzanian for the position of RESOURCE MOBILIZATION AND
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR based in Dar es Salaam
CARE Tanzania is creating a new role, Resource Mobilization and Business Development Coordinator, which will manage resource mobilization efforts ensuring the delivery of an agreed target organizational budget in line with the organizational strategy. As the team progresses towards achieving the in-country Wezesha Strategy (2014-2020), ECSA Regional Impact Growth Strategy and CARE Global 2020 strategy, a measured, innovative, effective and timely approach is needed to business development.This will ensure our programmes are strategically aligned, we increase our impact by budding on existing work, new opportunities are identified, developed and appropriately resourced, strategic partnerships are leveraged, and that CARE retains its position as a thought leader, innovator and multiplier of impact within Tanzania.
The primary function of the Resource Mobilization and Business Development Coordinator is to strategically mobilize resources and develop proposal, initiate and manage donor relations, ensure high
quality of program design, build capacity on resource mobilization and promote Gender Equality.
Major responsibilities of the Resource Mobilization and Business Development Coordinator are:
• Manage resource mobilization efforts and donor (both in country and across the CARE network) care at country level including planning, managing and ensuring the delivery of an agreed target organizational budget.
• Develop and roll out donor engagement strategies and support the Country Director and
Assistant Country Director-Program in managing donor and potential donor relations
• Lead on resource mobilization and business development strategy and implementation for
• Build capacity of the CARE-TZ team to mobilize resources, engage with donors, and support proposal development with partners.
Reporting to the Country Director, she/he will also work closely with the Knowledge Sharing and Learning Manager to facilitate the documentation of promising practices and lessons learned in programme development, grant management and resource acquisition.
• Degree in social sciences, international development or equivalent combination of education
and related work experience.
• Masters in social sciences, international development or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in either a humanitarian or development context
• Demonstrated success in securing international development funding from sources such as USAID, DFID, EU, Danida, Norad, Private Foundations and other institutional donors
• Demonstrated skills in: leadership, strategy, analytics, organization, planning, project
management, facilitation, collaboration, decision-making, problem solving and team building.
• Resource mobilization experience
• Experience in proposal writing and budget development
• Knowledge of the development industry, international NGOs and funding trends.
• Strong negotiation skills
• Excellent analysis and written skills for developing concept notes and design documents
logical frameworks and indicators)
• Demonstrated proposal development experience
• Excellent computer skills including use of: Word, Excel, and Power Point
• Capacity to work in multi-cultural and high-stress environments
• A strategic thinker, identifying opportunities to scale existing programmes, develop innovation and build mutually beneficial partnerships
• Confident at developing solutions to identified challenges and making decisions
• A strong relationship builder and natural connector - you will be part of everyone's team,
bridging individual units within the country office (field teams, awards and contracts,
sub-agreements, monitoring, evaluation and learning, operations, HR and finance).
you will work closely with supporting roles in the regional management unit (awards, risk and resource mobilization), and be responsible for stakeholder relationships in country
(development partners, donors, government ministries, CSO/NGO partners and alliances, and the private sector).
• Highly organized and experienced in project management, able to coordinate multiple projects and deadlines at any one time
• Systems and processes focused to ensure compliant award management
• Adept at using storytelling as a means to engage stakeholders in CARE's mission, vision and values
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills
• Understanding of financial management and resource allocation
Planning and Organizing; Initiating Action; Excellence; Integrity; Transformation; Equity; Diversity;
Communicating with Impact; Strengthening Partnership; Stress Management; Adaptability; Contribute to Team Success; Facilitating Change; Coaching; Building Commitment; Developing Teams; Operational
Decision Making: Negotiation; Managing Excellence; Adaptability and Stress Tolerance.
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds andexperiences,
particularly women to apply
MODE OF APPLICATION
• Only a letter of application and CV without supporting documents such as certificates should be
sent by email to TZAHumanResourcesDepartment@care.org by Cob, 9th January 2018 at t 700hrs.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
SOURCE: DAILY NEWS MONDAY DECEMBER 18, 2017