Medical and Health Services Manager at UMATI Tanzania
NAFASI ZA AJIRA UMATI TANZANIADescription
UMATI, a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), is a leading non-profit Association providing Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Information and services
Position: Medical and Health Services Manager
Reporting to: Head of Programs Development & Coordination
Contract: Full Time
The incumbent is responsible for developing and managing UMATI’s Medical Social Enterprise. S/he will Plan, Direct, Coordinate and Quality assure all health services in UMATI. The holder of this position will head a clinical services team comprising nurses, pharmacists and doctors that will be responsible for operating UMATI’s medical Business. S/he will be appraised based on Key Financial and Service performance indicators.
Job Duties and Tasks
- Establish objectives and evaluative or operational criteria including setting Financial and service performance objectives and targets for all clinics and clinic staff in consultation with senior management
- Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of medical, nursing, technical, other personnel.
- Establish work schedules and assignments for staff, according to workload, space and equipment availability
- Develop and maintain computerized record management systems to store and process data, such as personnel activities and information, and to produce reports.
- Develop, update and implement organizational policies and procedures UMATI Medical services
- Conduct and administer fiscal operations, including accounting, planning budgets, authorizing expenditures, establishing rates for services, and coordinating financial reporting.
- Maintain communication between senior management, medical staff, and department heads by preparing and submitting progress reports to management and coordinating interdepartmental functioning.
- Monitor the use of diagnostic services, Pharmacy and pharmaceuticals, laboratory equipment and reagents, facilities, and staff to ensure effective and efficient use of resources and assess the need for additional staff, equipment, and services.
- Maintain awareness of advances in medicine, computerized diagnostic and treatment equipment, data processing technology, government regulations, health insurance changes, and financing options, and duly advice UMATI Senior management on organizational policy and financial implications.
- Prepare activity reports to inform management of the status and implementation plans of programs, services, and quality initiatives.
- Plan, implement and administer programs and services in a health care or medical facility, including personnel administration, training, and coordination of medical, nursing, pharmacy, laboratory and other relevant staff.
- Establish and implement a quality of care system across all UMATI static, outreach and community based service delivery channels and points. This will include regular assessment of facilities and recommending building or equipment modifications to ensure emergency readiness and compliance to access, safety, and sanitation regulations in line with global best practice and national standards.
- Review and analyze facility activities and data to aid planning and cash and risk management and to improve service utilization, operational efficiencies and profitability.
- Develop instructional materials and conduct in-service and community-based educational programs.
- Develop and implement strategic marketing strategies for UMATI clinical services
- To facilitate timely registration, accreditation and licensing of all UMATI clinics and service providers.
• A Bachelor Degree is nursing with a postgraduate qualification in any of the following fields; Business Administration Health Services Management, quality management, Nursing sciences, Public Health.
• Five years experience in managing health services
• Competency in training and facilitation skills, Master trainer
• Knowledge and practical experience in quality management of health services
• Business management skills and experience
• Duly registered with and accredited to practice in Tanzania by the relevant professional body/bodies
Skills needed for this position
Monitoring & Systems Evaluation
• Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
Quality Control Analysis -- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
Time Management -- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Management of Personnel, Financial & Material Resources
• Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
• Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
• Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work
Learning & Instructing Strategies -- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things. Teaching others how to do something.
Applications should include:
• Letter of application with details of how you meet the desirable criteria
• Curriculum vitae (CV, not more than 3 pages) including names and addresses of three referees (two must be from your most recent employers)
• DO NOT include any certificates
• Applications which do NOT include ALL of these elements will NOT be considered.
The application should be addressed to
Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 1372
OR send the application through email via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be informed by phone call
Closing date for applications:
Applications received later than 5th January 2018 will not be considered