Training Manager at SGS Academy Tanzania
Introduction- SGS Group/Tanzania (Certification and Business Enhancement)
The SGS Academy network spans the whole world, delivering courses in areas of industry-based specific training, Environment, Health and Safety, Leadership and Management, Management Systems and Standards, Process Improvement, Risk and Security Management, Manufacturing and Supply Chain and Sustainability. Our culturally sensitive content and approach reflects the SGS global expertise and gives organizations the opportunity to achieve their learning goals wherever they are. Our innovative learning and development solutions are designed to help organizations and individuals improve personal competence and skills which are core enablers of sustainable business development and competitive advantage. We make a difference to individuals, teams and businesses, nurturing talent and enabling continuous organizational progression. Our specialists partner with course participants, identifying improvement objectives and supporting the professional journey
The Academy provide training services to some of the major industries in Tanzania which include mining, logistics, telecommunication: agriculture, lubricants manufacturing, government, pharmaceutical, cement, forestry, as well as food and beverage.
SGS Academy. Training Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the training functions undertaken by Certification and Business Enhancement (CBE) to respond to the training market needs of its cooperate and its individual .clients to augment other services within the line. These functions of training should include training design, implementation, evaluation and resourcing.
• Identifying training and development needs of target market
• Diversifying and developing course range portfolio to respond to market needs
• Keeping training materials update to amending and revising programs as necessary, in order to adapt to the changes that occur in the market
• Making annual training plan projections with quarterly revisions including budgeting, marketing, sales and financial projections.
• Achieving annually agreed objectives including target revenue and other targets
• Setting, following up and managing training schedule
• Effectively managing training resources i.e. Personnel, premises, tutors, supplies etc.
• Qualifying appointed tutors to solve specific training problems
• Evaluating training programs implementation
• Handling client's complaints and take effective measures for resolution
• Managing performance achievement of employees under supervision i.e; Training coordinators; sales executives
• Conducting field visits to clients and training premised
• Adherence to the agreed training quality and performance standards within the organization
• Delivering training titles as tutor in respective qualifying titles
The successful candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Education or other related disciplines from an accredited university. A post-graduate degree in business studies will be an added advantage.
• A proven work experience of at least three (3) years in a managerial position from a reputable organization dealing with Training.
• Previous tutoring experience will be highly preferred.
• Possessing ISO 9001 / and related ISO standards Lead Auditor training qualification will be an added advantage
Other Required Personal Attributes
• Demonstrated high interpersonal communication and' presentation skills
• Proven data analysis, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Process and procedures driven.
• Demonstrated team participation and managerial skills.
• Ability to use English language effectively in writing, speaking and listening.
• Ability to prepare a Training business strategy and translate it into pragmatic action plans and execution
• Ability to analyse market potential and develop competitive positioning and pricing strategies
• Develop new services/products and concepts for the assigned market segment.
• Monitor market for the development of new technologies and trends.
• Manage the Profit and Loss process and relevant resources within' budgets /targets
• Proficient computer user i.e. MS Office.
Interested applicants should send their application letters enclosing their CVs and copies of certificates to the below address on or before 11th December, 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
The Human Resources Manager,
SGS Tanzania Superintendence Company Limited.
P.O. Box 2249,
Dar es Salaam.
SOURCE: The Guardian 29/11/2017