For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has parmered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they're needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we've built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. ,
IntraHealth International Tanzania Office is implementing a five-year project . (2016 -2021) named Tohara Plus Project for "Accelerating the Scale- up of " Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) for HIV prevention for Maximum Public Health Impact in the United Republic of Tanzania, under the; President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)". This project is funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
IntraHealth International Tanzania office is soliciting applications from suitable candidate to fill in the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Position for IntraHealth Tohara Plus Project. The position will be based in Mwanza.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health-for all of us
The M&E Officer is responsible for supporting the project in designing and implementing VMMC M&E activities for the IntraHealth International under the leadership of the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager. In close consultation with the M&E Manager, the M&E Officer will ensure the continuous monitoring of program progress in close collaboration with the GoTZ, CDC, and other implementers. H/She will develop the capacity of various stakeholders in data collection, analysis, reporting and evaluation. The M&E Officer will help identify and evaluate best practices and state-of-the-art approaches for the programs and with support from the M&E Manager disseminate overall results to project stakeholders. This position reports to the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager.
• Assist M&E Manager to develop, implement THPP monitoring and evaluation activities.
• Ensure effective implementation of the Tohara Plus Project monitoring and evaluation plan for the VMMC programs. This will include collection of all relevant data,' management of the information, and using it in preparation of required periodic reports
• In consultation with M&E Manager, propose priorities for project assessments, operational researches and evaluations related VMMC and coordinate the implementation of researches and field assessment.
• Collaborate on the development of supervisory and quality assurance tools for VMMC clinical services.
• Build the capacity of health care workers at the facilities implementing VMMC and ensure accurately and timely collection of monthly reports.
• Complete data analysis and reports: Enter and analyze quantitative and qualitative data according to the needs of the team and project stakeholders
• Work together with M&E Manager to develop quarterly project reports, annual project reports, PEPFAR Semi Annual and Annual Progress Report
• Collect, document and disseminate best practices and lesson learned from the implementation of VMMC clinical services
• Prepare routine reports, presentations, brochures, project summary sheets, newsletters, highlights, project abstracts and other publications as required by the project.
• Update data in the program communications, materials periodically.
• Travel to sites to provide direct technical support on data quality assurance, data analysis, data interpretations, data use, program data capture tools, and data management Develop/updates dashboards for informing the field teams as per their performance in relation to set targets.
Essential qualifications, knowledge, skills and ability:
• Bachelor degree in Epidemiology or statistics or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least 4 years of proven Monitoring and Evaluation experience preferably in the field of Health and/or HIV/AIDS
• Good understanding of HIV / AIDS care and prevention strategies and in particular VMMC and programs.
• Proven capacity to direct, develop, manage and inspire a multidisciplinary and Professional team in the Tanzanian health sector
• Knowledgeable about basic statistics (descriptive statistics, anova, multiple regression)
• Ability to analyze information and evaluation results for planning.
• Demonstrated skills in quantitative data analysis, data management and report writing.
• Strong conceptual ability and writing skills
• Oral and written proficiency in English and Kiswahili required';
• Be prepared to travel, up to 30% of work time, in support of project activities within the country and periodically internationally
• Experience and knowledge of monitoring and evaluation techniques, procedures, and protocols in a USG-funded project
• Experience in questionnaire development (including testing for reliability and validity)
• Intimate knowledge, understanding and experience of the Ministry of Health
• Structures and systems in Tanzania
• Demonstrated experience in working and collaborating with USG, other donors, and other funded organizations
HOW TO APPLY
Application letter with detailed CV, indicating daytime telephone numbers, email address, names and contact information of two referees should be submitted to the following link
The closing date for receipt of applications is December 8th, 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Source: Daily News 20/11/2017