SENIOR CONTRACTS & GRANTS OFFICER AT FHI 360 TANZANIA
JOB OPPORTUNITIESFHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, and Economic Development. CMI Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, FHI 360 is seeking suitable candidates to fill in the position of Senior Contracts and Grants Officer to be based in Dar es Salaam.
The position will provide lead administration for the management of awards, sub awards and procurement (consultants, services and supplies), Also, monitor work flows and help develop and implement systems to provide sound management, control and compliance with procurement, award terms and conditions as per FHI360 policy.
Position Responsibilities include:
a. Sub Awards & Contracts:
- Managing all sub award work processes, including reviewing and some negotiation of proposed instruments, developing and implementing procedures to ensure compliance and providing support to staff to ensure that C&G tools align with program/FHI360 needs.
- Maintaining good working relationship with Consultants, and Contract/Technical personnel from the implementing agencies.
- Coordinating the development and modification of all subcontracts and recipient agreements to ensure that adequate records and audit trails are maintained.
- Primarily responsible for all Contracts and Grants documentation management.
- Facilitating the expedited review of sub agreement and subcontracting implementation activities and other contractual arrangements.
- Ensuring associate partners comply with terms and condition of their respective awards.
- Providing guidance and identifying training needs to ensure FHI360 .C&G functions are consistent and compliant across the global organization.
- Reviewing the Sub award monitoring tool in SAT
- Lodging in and reviewing all consultant requests for completeness and accuracy.
- Coordinating the development of consultants SOW, contracts and modifications
- Reviewing consultant's invoices and timesheets
- Updating the consultancy database with new agreements, actual days worked and payments made to consultants
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/LLB) with 5-7 years of relevant experience; OR a Master's degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience. The relevant experience entails grants administration and/or compliance (government grant experience required; federal grant experience desired).
- Experience with federal OMB (Office of Management and Budget) circulars.
- Working knowledge of USAID, CDC, DFID, GFATM and other donor contract and grant requirements; hence non-profit organization experience is an added advantage.
- Ability to interpret funding regulations and develop implementing procedures.
- Strong project management and time management skills; highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to set and revise contracts and award agreements
- Demonstrated analytical and persuasive writing skills experience as well as superior editing skills, including ability to convey complex information in a clear manner to a diverse audience.
- Experience with Sub Award Tracking system (SAT) a plus
- Ability to work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow
- Relevant software skills to include spreadsheet and data base software.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
E mail: email@example.com /OR mail by post to
Human Resources Department,
FHI360 P.O. Box 78082,
Dar es Salaam.
Closing Date: September 30, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Source: The Guardian September 18, 2017