PERSONAL ASSISTANT AT THE EMBASSY OF DENMARK TANZANIA 2017
INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT COOPERATION
Employment opportunity - PA TO THE AMBASSADOR
Tanzania is one of Denmark's largest priority countries. Danish development assistance to Tanzania covers a variety of areas including Budget Support, Public Financial Management, support to tax modemisation, Health, Good Governance, and Business Sector I Development. The Embassy is seeking to recruit a highly motivated, energetic and experienced Personal Assistant (PA) to the Ambassador.
The portfolio requires a person that is well versed in modern secretarial practices. It comprises interventions related to administration, calendar management, protocol, coordination and many others. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Embassy management on a daily basis but may be assigned responsibility for other areas of work at the Embassy as deemed fit.
Mode of Work:
The Assistant to the Ambassador is responsible for all secretarial services to the Embassy Management. protocol related matters and arranging formal functions for the Ambassador. The PA is part of administration team who works closet), with the management and colleagues in the team. The PA must be highly organised and adaptable, he/she takes initiatives in all ordinary matters within his/her area of responsibility as well as ensuring efficiency of correspondence in the front desk.
• Drafting routine outgoing correspondences e.g. Note Verbal to Ministries and other Embassies, applying for permits, usage of VIP Lounges, and any other official correspondence.
- Making and receiving telephone calls and directing them to the Ambassador, Deputy and any other staff as may be required.
- Maintaining the calendar of appointments and schedule of meetings for the Ambassador and his Deputy, and updating it accordingly.
- Management and Planning of visiting delegation and updating the Embassy Planning Calendar.
- Handling of accounts, e.g. for travels/dinners etc. in the Ministry's database (Rejsud).
- Scanning and forwarding documents as may be required.
- Processing application forms for issuance of Driving Licenses, Residence Permits, and Diplomatic IDs
- Administering meeting facilities and preparation of conference internally and externally.
- Updating of Diplomatic missions list, Tanzanian Ministries lists etc.
- Arranging formal functions to be hosted by the Ambassador and/or his Deputy.
- Contact person with travel agents and airline companies
- Book hotels and keep updated list of hotels and airline companies
- Making copies of required documents and distributing them according to the instruction provided.
- Advising diplomatic staff in protocol matters e.g. customs clearance and other import related matter.
- Backup for archive; performing archive related functions in absence of the Archivist
- Any other duties as may be instructed by supervisors.
1. Degree in Management, Administration or related discipline relevant to the requirements of this post
- 3 to 4 years of professional experience with a senior management position in a reputable organization
- Excellent command of MS Office, MS Outlook and internet
- Sound understanding of the protocol issues and the government institutions and procedures
- Excellent communication skills in English and Swahili - both written and spoken
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills with a pro-active and energetic attitude
- Pro-active, motivated, energetic and result-orientated personality.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently carry out the full range of tasks under tight deadlines, while at the same time proactively take new initiatives for management’s approval
- Team player who thrives in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural working environment.
If you meet the above-mentioned qualification, please send your Curriculum Vitae with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “Personal Assistant to the Ambassador” as subject. Do not attach certificates. Deadline: 15th September 2017. Expected commencement date is 1st January 2018. Only candidates under serious consideration for selection will be contacted by the Embassy.
Source: The Guardian September 2017