SHINYANGA URBAN WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION AUTHORITY (SHUWASA)
Shinyanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (SHUWASA) is an Autonomous Utility that was established under section 3 (I) of the Water Works Regulations as reviewed by section 60 of the Water Supply and Sanitation Act No. 12 of 2009. The Authority is mandated to provide adequate, quality and sustainable water and waste management services to Shinyanga Municipality residents at affordable and cost effective prices. SHUWASA performs its duties under the overall supervision of the Executive Board of Directors with functions and responsibilities well stipulated in the Water Supply and Sanitation Act No.12 of 2009 and the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Ministry of Water and Irrigation and Shinyanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (SHUWASA).
Shinyanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (SHUWASA) is hereby advertising to the public application invitations from dynamic, energetic, dedicated, qualified, motivated, experienced and performance driven male and female Tanzanians to fill the post of Electrical Technician under the following requirements :
ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN (1 post).
The candidate will be reporting to the Water Network and Distribution Engineer and shall be the over all in charge of all electrical issues related to installations, infrastructure, machineries and equipment for the Authority.
- Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective and efficient maintenance and repair of electrical works on machines and equipments.
- Carrying out electrical inspections, maintenance and repair of machines, equipment and motors professionally.
- Completing job cards for every electrical maintenance and repair work performed
- Repairing reported electrical faults of buildings, machines and equipments.
- Advising the Head of Section on all electrical matters of the Authority.
- Putting in place an elaborate energy audit plan and energy efficiency mechanism for the Authority.
- Training of machines and motor operators on electrical machines and equipment.
- Keeping records of electrical maintenance and repair work undertaken for every machine, equipment and motor.
- Using of established official checklist when carrying out electrical inspections.
- Proper housekeeping of electrical machines and equipment.
- Maintaining inventory of all electrical machines, equipment and motors
- Recommending to the head of section for proper outsourcing of services
- Undertaking electrical preventive-maintenance of machines, equipments and motors.
- To ensure that Water pumping machines are kept in good working conditions
- Scheduling of water pumps operations.
- Performing all duties in accordance to laid down electrical standards and regulations
- Holder of Form IVNI with FTC/Ordinary Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Technical College. Candidate must have four years working experience in electrical engineering undertaking from a similar /reputable organization.
- Age Limit - Not above 40 yrs.
- Mode of Application
Shinyanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 298,
Tel: 028 - 2762073,
Fax: 028 - 2763551
Thank you for your application. If you don't get any information from us within three weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
Source: The Guardian Sep 21, 2017