EADD II FIELD OPERATIONS MANAGER-TZ AT HEIFER INTERNATIONAL 2017
EADD II Field Operations Manager-TZ
Tracking Code: 419-752
- Job Description
- Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
EADD is an ambitious five-year program designed to transform the lives of resource poor farming families through a competitive and inclusive dairy value chain in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. EADD II in Tanzania is targeting to reach 35,000 farm families, about 210,000 dependents and 200,000 dairy stakeholders in the dairy value chain in Tanzania. The program is implemented in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania.
The Field Operations Manager (FOM) will provide overall compliance guidance and coordination of field based activities (constituting of consortium partners) in the implementation of the EADD-2 project in Tanzania. To this end, s/he will take the overall responsibility of increasing dairy production at farm level, sustainable functioning of hubs and gender equity. Field Operation Manager will ensure project implementation comply with the donor (BMGF) and Heifer policies and meets all compliance standards consistent with conventional good project management practices.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
For successful execution of the job duties, the FOM should be proactive, a critical and creative thinker, a team player and able to structure and manage complex tasks.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Develop operational strategies and plans and oversee execution of project operations (10%)
- By first quarter, develop and implement the operational plan
- By the first 3 months develop a list of targets from country and cascaded down to cluster and PO level
- On monthly bases, coordinated consistence and smooth implementation of project activities
- Cluster Team’s targets are timely achieved in accordance to the timeline
- Make sure there is insignificant variances on plans and budgets throughout the preprogram
- Developed SOPs by the first quarter
- Throughout the direction of the project, maintain full compliance on finance and other internal controls
- Develop strategic guidance for Production and Business Teams by the first 3 months
- Continuously develop transformation process and guidance to the program
- Continue to increase the number of farmers who are transforming towards dairy farming as business entrepreneurs, throughout the project circle.
- Develop and review gender strategy by the second month
- Monitor gender mainstreaming ongoing basis
- Throughout the program circle Improved women and youth participation in project activities
- SCD approach fully utilized and project implementation localized by first quarter
- Continuously improve the number of DIGs established and graduated towards sustenance
- By first quarter develop result tracker and performance feedback tracked timely
- Provide a quality monthly, quarterly and annual plans and reports
- Continuously increase the number of stakeholders engagement
- Develop partnership framework first quarter
- Increase the amount of co-funding contribution by first quarter
- By any time specified
- Clear understanding of the dairy value chain.
- Innovative, analytical, and solutions oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement strategies aimed at providing institutional capacity building’ to key partner institutions with a view to build efficient, competitive, and sustainable dairy industry.
- A good understanding and sensitivity to issues associated with poverty, hunger and environment, and knowledge of the context to which non-profit organizations operate.
- Knowledge of enterprise development and linkages to poverty alleviation.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail (Microsoft Office preferred) and Internet.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English and other local languages, both oral and written.
- Demonstrable knowledge in project management with a view to build a more efficient, competitive, and sustainable
- Preparing and presenting documents in a well-designed format with good readability
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to understand, appreciate and implement Heifer’s Value Based Holistic Community Development.
- Demonstrated creativity, ability to think systematically, willingness and ability to incorporate innovative solutions.
- Willingness and ability to assign and review the work of direct reports and to use participatory management skills with junior and senior staff.
- Proven team leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff, including interns, enumerators among others.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the public.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively throughout Tanzania and other EADD project sites.
- May require constant sitting; working at a computer and focusing for extended periods and performing office environment activities while on the road and/or in remote conditions.
- Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks with little supervision while meeting sometimes-inflexible deadlines.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Livestock Production, Agriculture Economics, Project Management, Rural Development or other related field
- Five (5) years hands-on experience; Two (2) years at managerial level in a mix of agricultural value chains and rural development related projects; and a good understanding of the dairy value chain of Tanzania and experience setting up producer/ market groups
- Understanding and hands-on experience in project cycle management; planning and budgeting; Demonstrated ability to design and implement strategies aimed at providing institutional capacity building to key partner institutions with a view to build a more efficient, competitive, and sustainable dairy industry. Experience working in INGO environment in a similar position is an added advantage.
- Job Location: Mbeya, , Tanzania
- Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Job Level: Manager
Client: Non U.S. Based Locations
Closing Date: October 13, 2017
Source: The Guardian 25 September, 2017