CONSULTANT AT HEALTH POLICY PLUS (HP+) SEPTEMBER 2017
HEALTH POLICY PLUS (HP+)
HEALTH POLICY PLUS (HP+)
Request for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for Quantitative Research Activity
The USAID-funded Health Policy Plus (HP+) project is seeking a qualified local consultant to assist with data mining for a quantitative research activity on the topic of viral suppression among children, adolescents and young adults living with HIV in Tanzania.
- Provide assistance on activity data needs and accessing data from National Care & Treatment Database (CTC2), DHIS2, National Pharmacy Module Database, and PEPFAR DATIM reporting system for MER 2.0 indicators
- Provide support in accessing historical information on the electronic data systems in Tanzania including engaging with MOH and other officials to gain access to the needed data
- Work side by side with a Senior Technical Specialist - Data Demand and Information Use, to support validation of the methodology and results, with oversight from HQ
- Receive mentoring from Palladium staff based in Tanzania on how to use Palladium-developed data extraction tools, such as IQTools
- Participate full-time with the team during a scoping visit to-country in October 2017, including assisting in arranging rneetings with key stakeholders
- Extensive knowledge, the structure and types of data reported routinely in HMIS in Tanzania. including CTC2, DHIS2, National Pharmacy Module Database, and PEPFAR DATIM reporting system for MER 2.0 indicators
- Experience running data queries in HMIS and extracting relevant data for use by analysts. Familiarity with IQTools is desired, but not required.
- Ability to identify data quality issues in HMIS, such as missing data
- Experience working with PEPFAR implementing partners and the National AIDS Control Program in Tanzania
- Knowledge of pediatric and adolescent HIV data availability and data quality issues in Tanzania
- Scoping trip calendar that includes arranged meetings with key stakeholders
- Scoping trip report that includes a detailed plan on how data will be mined and extracted, following meetings with key stakeholders and Palladium staff
- Final, extracted data in statistical software (STATA, SAS, SPSS) for use by analysts
If interested in consideration, please submit a statement of interest, related qualifications and documentation of experience.
Deadline for submission. Friday, September 29th 2017, 18h00 Local Tanzania time
Any application submitted after the deadline will be automatically rejected.
Source: The Guardian 21 September, 2017