CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT NMB BANK PLC SEPTEMBER 2017
Relationship Manager - Chinese portfolioJob Purpose
To manage and sustain a portfolio of large corporate customers and building long-term relationships in order to maximize risk-adjusted portfolio contribution and to conduct business development both with new customers and with existing customers.
- Maintain relationship plans for all customers in the Chinese portfolio to prioritize sales opportunities on lending, liquidities, transactional and treasury solutions.
- Conduct annual, and if appropriate interim reviews of customers’ borrowing facilities and with non-borrowing customers.
- Monitor and ensure high quality and consistent service delivery to customers and timely response to their banking needs in line with set quality standards.
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customers’ needs and be able to sell these at short notice both reactively and proactively.
- Explore business opportunities, research, create and follow up target list of potential new business to grow portfolio.
- Identify priority customers using the Customer Relationship Planning templates to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Gather all the required information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications, inputting certain key information such as judgmental information.
- Control quality of the portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to Risk management guidelines and policies.
- Provide leadership in delivering the most effective market oriented solutions within the corporate relationship management (CRM) framework to ensure quality customer contacts for both new and existing customers.
- Ensure participation in all Chinese related events to actively sell and conduct presentation of bank’s products
- Business understanding of policies and strategies within the country as they relate to the demands of the customer base
- Corporate product knowledge
- Knowledge in credit risk
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Good in presentation and negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in Banking or equivalent
- Master’s degree will be and added advantage
- At least three years’ experience in a corporate relationship management role, preferably handling Chinese clients
- Must be conversant with Chinese language (Speaking and writing)
Location: Head Office
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
Senior Relationship Manager; Special Asset Management (SAM)Job Purpose
To coordinate and control relationship of emerging and large corporate Special Assets that require a high degree of attention to minimize risks, prevent losses and restore profit through rehabilitation, restructuring, turnaround and workout strategies.
- To manage relationship of emerging and large corporate stressed assets to ensure credit and other risks are properly identified, assessed and addressed.
- To formulate rehabilitation, restructuring action plans and strategies for all downgraded emerging and large corporate accounts so as to minimize bank’s risk.
- Presentation of restructuring unit strategies on case by case to Management Credit Committees for approval.
- To provide professional business support and judgment to resolve challenges faced by stressed clients.
- To maintain and preserve Bank income streams where a turnaround can be achieved on a special asset.
- To establish partnerships with business units and credit department leading to close collaboration and early identification of stressed assets.
- Management of impairment/provisions for non-performing corporate loans, suspended interest and provisions.
- To manage all manner of transactions associated with the normal operations of the accounts managed by the unit
- To supervise and provide guidance to RM and Restructuring officers on management of stressed assets.
- Sound understanding of Bank’s corporate product knowledge and its end to end credit process.
- Sound knowledge of bank credit policies, procedures and systems.
- Excellent Credit analysis skills, appraisal, restructuring skills and customer relationship skills.
- High degree of communication, negotiation and inter-personal skills.
- Good skills of performance management and effective risk management and be able to promote strong risk management culture.
- Good in presentation and organization skills.
- Good Leadership skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of University Degree/ Advance Diploma in Banking/Commerce (Accounting)/Economics/finance or equivalent qualifications from recognized higher learning institution
- Holder of CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage
- Banking experience of more than 5 years preferably in Special Asset Management/Business Support or Workout Unit in a Commercial Bank dealing with emerging or large corporate accounts.
Location: Head Office
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE