25 JOBS AT THE NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS (NBS)
Tel: +255 (0) 22-2122722/3
Fax:+255 (0)22-2130852 18
National Bureau of Statistics
P.O. Box 796 11992
Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA .
The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) has been established as an autonomous public office by the Statistics Act, 2015 and has the mandate to provide official statistics to the Government, business community and the public at large. Following the enactment of the new Statistics legislation, NBS has also been mandated to coordinate the National Statistical System (NSS) in the production of official Statistics in the Country.
Applications are hereby invited from dynamic and result-oriented Tanzanian citizens who wish to work in The Verbal and Social Autopsy Study (VASA) which will be conducted by NBS in all regions of Tanzania Mainland.
ENUMERATORS (25 POSTS)
(a) Main Duties and Responsibilities The Candidate shall report to the Field Supervisor in performing their duties and responsibilities. The main duties and responsibilities of Enumerators will be to collect data from the Field.
(b) Minimum Qualifications and Experience The ideal candidates should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Holder of Diploma/ Degree in Social Work or Sociology or any Social Science qualifications.
- Experience with data collection with NBS or any other Institution is an added advantage.
- Ready to work in any region in Tanzania Mainland.
- Holder of Certificate in Data Collection or Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Statistics from Eastern Africa Statistical Training Centre (EAST) is an added advantage.
(d) Terms and Conditions of Service The successful candidate shall be employed for 21 days contract and may be renewable for up to 2 months subject to satisfactory performance.
Attractive remuneration will be given to the successful candidates.
(f) Mode of Application Qualifying candidates should submit their hand written applications through the below address and enclosing the following:
- A typed comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copies of birth certificates and the relevant academic certificates and awards
- Contact address including telephone numbers and e-mail address
- Address of three referees
National Bureau of Statistics,
P.O. Box 796,
N.B. i. The deadline for submission will be on 26th September, 2017. ii. This advertisement posted in Notice Boards on 18th September, 2017 iii. Only short listed candidates shall be contacted
Official Correspondence should be addressed to the Director General