SENIOR DRIVER AT ILO 2017
INTERNATIONAL LABOUR ORGANIZATIONThe ILO Country office Dar es Salaam currently seeks to recruit a motivated and experienced Senior Driver with a demonstrated and proved track record. The candidate will be based in Dar es Salaam. S/he will report directly to the Finance and Administrative Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive for the Director and other high-ranking officials:
- Keep a timetable for arrivals and departures of officials and arrange VIP rooms, meet official personnel at the airport;
- Facilitate immigration, tax and customs formalities as well as logistics, transport and shipment
- Collect and deliver mail, pouch or documents;
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle. check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc, perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and is always in good condition;
- Keep records of use of vehicle, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing and other services;
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident;
- Ensure timely arrangements in case major repairs of the assigned vehicle are needed;
- Ensure that all required documents including vehicle insurance, logs are available and updated;
- Ensure that all required supplies, such as the first aid kit, fire extinguisher and radio communication;
- Perform other miscellaneous office support functions such as messenger services, making photocopies or sending faxes;
- Provide inter-office collection and delivery of mail, correspondence, files, documents and other material;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Completion of primary education, NIT Certificate in defensive driving, valid driving license, knowledge of Tanzania driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.NIT VIP Advanced Drivers Course will be an added advantage.
Four years' work experience as a driver with safe driving record.
Excellent command of English and Kiswahili is required.
A high level of driving and vehicle repair and maintenance skills. Proven ability to keep accurate records of the use of vehicle. Proven ability to drive safely in local traffic conditions. Ability to follow instructions. Ability to undertake minor vehicle repair. Ability to lift heavy mail bags and boxes. Ability to take initiatives. Ability to work in a polite, courteous and cooperative manner. Ability to handle, track and keep office records. Ability to respect confidences. Ability to make realistic commitments and taking follow-up action where necessary. Ability to communicate clearly such as speaking and writing clearly and effectively.
Interested candidates with requisite qualifications and experience should submit their applications including updated curriculum vitae, certified relevant certificates and one page cover letter addressed to ILO Country Director, P.O. Box 9212, Dar es Salaam.
All applications should be sent online through email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Application for Senior Driver position" before 7th September 2017. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Assessed candidates who will be considered as appointable but not selected for this position, can also be offered to be assigned on another position at the same or at a lower grade provided that said candidates possesses the minimum qualifications for this position.
For more information refer to http://www.ilo.org/daressalaam
ILO is an equal Opportunity Organization
Source: The Guardian August 29, 2017