Monitoring and Evaluation Manager at Jhpiego, March 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA JHPIEGO TANZANIA
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For 41 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world's most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego is implementing a number of projects in Tanzania and wishes to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation Manager - ICI Tupange Pamoja Project.
Monitoring & Evaluation Manager, TCI Tupange Pamoja Project — [Dar es Salaam]
TCI Tupangc Pamoja implements a demand driven approach in the delivery of family planning selected geographies (cities, municipal councils, district councils). The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will provide management and technical support, with a focus on M&E, for the project. This included advancing the project's goals and objectives, supporting activities, adapting/ designing and implementing approach for tracking and communicating and disseminating results.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Adapt/ develop M&E framework, tools, methods, reports
• Develop and implement M&E work plan, activities and related budget
• Provide technical assistance (coaching and mentoring) to Tel partners/geographies in M&E, data systems and data visualization
• Assess status of project implementation and form part of a core team to identify challenges, solutions and implement them
• Participate as key member of MEP department and adhere to departmental and organizational norms and standards
• Assist in the assessment, design and implementation of appropriate evidence based family planning innovations/interventions in selected geographies,
• Provide technical reviews and strategic inputs into the design, adoption and simplification of key Tupange Pamoja interventions including the FP Tool Kit, TCI University, TCI Community of Practice, training curricula and best practices and other program materials.
• Support and provide technical input in the development of study protocols for program evaluation
• Conduct advocacy and marketing activities for a demand-driven approach and scale up of FP innovations focusing on urban areas in both the government and private sectors in Tanzania in collaboration with AFP Tanzania and other stakeholders.
• Provide technical assistance (coaching and mentoring) in landscaping and proposal development to selected geographies to ensure that program Strategies result into greatest impact, scaled and sustained.
• Develop/adapt and implement a knowledge management framework fostering use of data for decision making
• Provide guidance on various data related capacity building initiatives e.g. Data use to increase data utilization within the TCI geographies/districts/municipalities
• Participate actively in the initiative annual work planning and program progress review meetings at all levels including at geography/district/municipal level.
• Promote sharing of ICI East African Hub results and program 'earnings through various platforms including Journals and abstracts
• Represent TO at National/International fora and technical meetings, facilitating dissemination and use of project data among key stakeholders
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Advanced degree in public health, demography, statistics, social sciences or related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum two years in a management capacity
• Minimum of six years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating health and/or development projects
• Demonstrated expertise working in a leadership capacity with international donors, senior government officiate and.policy makers
• Demonstrated, strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple host-country counterparts in both the public and NGO sectors
• M&E. experience in family planning
• Familiarity with Tanzania health management information system and other national M&E systems
• Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, health management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation
• Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and Kiswahili, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
• Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams
• Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
• Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least one of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata, MS Access
• Proficient in data visualization packages
• Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office
• Availability and willingness to travel up to 30% time
Jhpiego offers a competitive package selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience.
To apply please indicate the position title on the envelope or subject line of your e-mail, i.e. Application for M&E Manager. All applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter and your salary history.
The application should be addressed to:
Director of Human Resource
Plot 72, Block 45B, New Bagamoyo Road - Victoria
PO Box 9170
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
OR send the application through email at: HRTZ@jhpiego.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is two weeks after the first appearance of this advert.
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: HRTZ@Jhpiego.org is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also don't charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong - doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: The Guardian March 05, 2018