Branch Manager at Woolworths Tanzania, March 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA
Branch Job Title: Branch Manager
To ensure sales growth and profitability budgets are met by developing a high performing branch team and driving merchant leadership within the branch. Through integration deliver the effective management of processes and products in a consistent manner thereby ensuring a transformed customer shopping experience.
• Drive the execution of the operating plan for the branch in line with the overall Divisional/Regional operating plans.
• Review the branch's operating plan on an ongoing basis to identify gaps in meeting its objectives.
• Deliver the agreed one-year plan. sales budget and card targets
• Ensure the effective management and integration between the different groups and departments to meet branch targets.
• Constantly seek opportunities to maximise sales through the effective lay-out of trading space.
• Continuously develop and maintain a customer profile of the branch through benchmarking and customer feedback to highlight new and enhanced customer and product opportunities/trends.
• Integrate with other branches in region to identify financial performance trends in region and share sales/profit plans.
• Effectively plan seasonal events (e.g. Christmas) to meet customer demands and branch targets.
• Continually manage customer service levels in branch to ensure that the agreed levels are met and to identify implement action plans to address gaps or areas for enhancement in customer service.
• Manage 3rd party service providers through effective service level agreements and the integration with the departments within the branch.
• Drive reduced operating costs and expense control by eliminating wasteful practices and controlling shrinkage in branch.
• Manage stock levels to meet branch targets.
• Compile branch sales budget with input from all department managers to ensure that targets are met and so that each department understands their role in achieving targets.
• Through a continual monitoring and analysis of staff trends identify opportunities to maximise branch productivity.
• Drive a constant focus across all areas in the branch on attention to detail in Shop keeping discipline.
• Monitor and reinforce all company policies and procedures to ensure adherence in branches.
• Communicate changes of branch processes / policies to department managers timeously and efficiently to ensure its effective implementation.
• Prepare the branch environment for change and communicate new initiatives timeously to departments to ensure that project plans are met.
• Develop staff to facilitate the successful implementation of new initiatives/projects.
• Adhere to risk and business continuity plans and timeously communicate red flags to all departments in branch.
• Provide feedback to regional managers on existing branch processes to facilitate continuous improvement.
• Coach and upskill branch management to achieve continuous improvement in operational performance and enhance merchant competence.
• Facilitate the participation of all department managers in general branch operational duties to assist in improving operational excellence.
• Integrate with branch managers to review branches sales budget against other branches in region to develop integrated solutions to meet budgets and implement accordingly.
• Ensure the relevant and appropriate levels of general management and technical functional competence are built in departments.
• Provide clear direction on people issues to branch management and reinforce desired behaviour.
• Build, develop and lead a competent and motivated branches team.
• Drive EE by recruiting to achieve EE staffing targets and mentoring EE candidates.
• Drive corporate social investment in branch.
• Conduct assessments with branch management to ensure that the appropriate people are selected as assessors to conduct the assessment process.
• Manage employee relations through effective engagement and in accordance with the relevant policies and procedures.
Technical / Functional Competency Requirements
• High level understanding of the Retail legislative framework (OHASA, ER etc)
• Commercial acumen - The ability to improve results by focusing on the customer, and by applying knowledge of the business and awareness of the external market and competitors, to demonstrate entrepreneurial ability
• Business acumen - The ability to formulate business plans, to interpret financial information and to implement accordingly
• Intrinsic retail skills - The ability to understand and interpret retail trends to maximize profitability
• Resilience and tenacity
• Decision making skills
• Coaching skills
• Communication and influencing skills
• Integrity and sound judgement ability
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Business Degree/Advanced Diploma
• 2- 5 years retail management experience.
Send your application to our PPF Tower branch located at PPF Tower, Shop no 1-5, Garden Avenue or email to email@example.com
Deadline: 23rd March 2018
Source: Mwananchi March 09, 2018