Project Manager-Agriculture/Livestock at BRAC Tanzania, February 2018
Career with BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA BRAC TANZANIA
BRAC is one of the world’s leading development organization has extensive development programmes globally. BRAC in Tanzania is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill up the following position:
Position (1): PROJECT MANAGER-Agriculture/Livestock
Job Location: Country Office Tanzania
• Provide overall leadership and managerial oversight of the programme, personnel management, budget, and contract delivery
• Support and oversee the development of a comprehensive market analysis by using M4P approach
• Oversee recruitment, manage, and motivate a high performing team of staffs within performance management framework, high quality results, and continuous improvement.
• Develop an effective monitoring and evaluation strategy. Coordinate the design and delivery of appropriate monitoring and evaluation systems and provide support to determine the impact logic and performance monitoring plan.
• Ensure the participation and engagement of key stakeholders within the sub-sectors, governments and extractive industries
• Oversight and quality control in relation to programme activities
• Maintain network, liaison and collaboration with respective stakeholders, donors
• Responsible for developing annual work plans, budget revisions and analysis,
• Produce quality and timely reports for donor and stakeholders and ensure appropriate project documentations are created.
• Represent the project and BRAC and network actively with relevant stakeholders, government initiatives, and policies by also actively participating in key events, workshops, and forums.
Required qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor degree in Agribusiness or any other related field
• MBA will be an added advantage
• Working experience of three (3) to five (5) years to work with NGOs and/or government.
• Skills in planning, designing, budgeting, implement and managing a project
• Experience in dealing with different government agencies and departments
• Managerial skills and leadership ability.
If you feel you are the right match for above mentioned position, please apply to;
HRD, BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania, Plot #2329, Block-H, Mbezi Beach, and P.O. Box 105213, Dar Es Salaam or through email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject, “PROJECT MANAGER-Agriculture/Livestock”. Application deadline is 21 February, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is an equal opportunity Employer
Over the years we have scaled up our microfinance programme and now have 138 branches across 25 regions. We continue to serve the needs of women, young people, and smallholder farmers through group based microloans and enterprise loans.
In the education sector, we are improving the lives of girls living in poverty through our accelerated secondary education programme which targets out-of-school girls in the Tanga region. Our community based schools give girls a second chance at education. We support government primarily schools with learning materials, library facilities and after-school tutoring. Supported by the LEGO Foundation, our play labs target children aged 3-5 from low-income families in Dar es Salaam and Mbeya regions. We use play to stimulate children’s cognitive, physical, emotional, and social development.
Our empowerment and livelihood for adolescents programme is improving the quality of life for young girls by providing safe spaces for them to meet everyday. We provide livelihood, vocational, and financial literacy training and also give customised microloans to empower young girls financially and socially. This year, BRAC in Tanzania also took a stance against gender based violence and and participated in the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against women with our partners.
In 2017, we completed the Livelihood Enhancement through Agricultural Development project, where we set sustainable farming systems for 106,460 smallholder farmers.