Program Officer - Envision (NTD) at IMA World Health, February 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA IMA WORLD HEALTH
The ENVISION project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). It provides assistance to national neglected tropical disease (NTD) control programs for the control and elimination of seven targeted NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, three soil-transmitted helminths (roundworm, hookworm, whipworm) and trachoma. ENVISION’s goal is to contribute to the global goal of reducing the burden of targeted NTDs so that they are no longer a public health problem. IMA World Health manages the ENVISION program in Tanzania in strict collaboration with the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the Neglected Tropical Disease Secretariat.
IMA World Health, a specialist in providing essential healthcare services and medical supplies around the world, is a nonprofit, faith-based organization working to restore health, hope and dignity to those most in need. IMA has more than 50 years of experience in supporting, implementing and providing technical assistance to implementing partners in resource-constrained settings, and specifically has worked on the control, elimination and management of morbidity caused by NTDs for the past 19 years.
• Take part and contribute in budget development in line with approved work-plans and assist to conduct periodical reviews of both programs and budgets when the need arises.
• Under direction of the program manager and in collaboration with technical advisor take part and contribute in program planning, implementation and evaluation activities
• Assist and facilitate the processes of local partner’s integration of all NTD areas in the mainstream health care delivery system at district levels.
• Liaise closely with District Health Management Teams (DHMT) as well as other relevant local partners for a harmonized and smooth running of program activities
• Support IMA NTD program manager and local partners to follow up NTD program implementation and with the Technical Advisor assist in the design of a monitoring and evaluation plan in line with National NTD program framework
• Under the direction of the program manager take part in developing a comprehensive advocacy strategy and local community mobilization plans
• Ensure and maintain a high quality program implementation approach, monitoring and evaluation also assist in capacity building of partners in the district s
• Conduct regular field visits to partners in the program areas for both technical support and monitoring
• Assist with report writing both for program activities and timely dissemination of the same.
Tanzanian National with five or more years of program management in a mid-level position in a reputable organization an international NGO /Donor funded or big health research program
5+ years’ experience in managing multi-partner, multi-site, multi-district based programs and partners including government;
• 5+ years’ experience in management of large public health interventions based projects Adequate knowledge of NTDs in Tanzania and the WHO recommended strategy for their control/elimination
• Experience managing NTD project is a plus
Track record in the management of budgets and finances;
Track record of working at speed and producing results in high pressured work environment;
Experience and adequate skills in strategic planning and budgeting;
Experience building planning and budgeting capacity of partners;
Experience development of advocacy strategies and conducting advocacy meetings involving mid to high level decision makers;
Ability and willingness to travel to the field for extended periods of time;
• Computer literate and good presentation skills; Good interpersonal and communication skills in Kiswahili and English Languages;
• Project proposal writing skills and experience is a plus
MD or a Masters-level Degree in health-related subjects or a combination of equivalent qualification and work experiences.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants may submit their application together with photocopies of testimonials plus updated curriculum vitae:
By email: tanzaniaHR@imaworldhealth.org
The e-mail subject must read Program Officer ENVISION. Email applications must be accompanied by a signed and scanned letter, the original of which will be required to be produced at the time of interview.
Or by mail: Applications must in a sealed envelope addressed to the following:
IMA World Health Tanzania
Plot No. 1657, Msasani Penisula, Off Chole Road
P.O. Box 9260
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Deadline for application is 17th February, 2018
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.