Production Assistant at The East African Community (EAC), February, 2018 (2 posts)
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA JUMUIYA YA AFRIKA MASHARIKI
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are only citizens of United Republic of Tanzania to apply for the following position tenable at East African Community-Secretariat:
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (2 posts)
Organ: EAC Secretariat
Directorate: Human Resources and Administration
Reports to: Principal Administrative Officer
Photocopy, bind, duplicate and Produce documents for EAC meetings.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce, photocopy and bind documents for EAC meetings.
- Maintain copiers and binding machines.
- Laminate documents.
- Maintain custody of Administrative forms which shows the usage of the machine.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Management from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 0-level and knowledge of operation knowledge of office machines (photocopy and binding), Basic electronic and printing skills are critical for this position
- Minimum 2 years experience in photocopying and binding
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Must be good listener and communicator, and be able to work under pressure .
ELIGIBILITY FOR APPLICATIONS:
Only applicants from the United Republic of Tanzania are eligible to apply for the position of Production Assistant .
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
The above positions are tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable .
The post offers attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned positions are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three referees, and copy of National Identity Card, or Birth Certificate or Passport showing date of birth. Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope. For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 23 February 2018.
The Secretary General
East African CommunitY
P. o Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
Website : www.eac.int
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; or have an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates; or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted
- EAC Staff Rules and Regulations precludes considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. The only source of information for the above positions is on the link www.eac.int . The EAC declines the responsibility for the information gotten from other websites. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.