Head; Treasury Sales & structured products at NMB Bank Plc, February 2018
NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA BENKI YA NMB
The incumbent will be responsible to manage a team of financial markets professionals in contributing to the overall Treasury growth strategy through client engagement, acquisitions and fx product design and development through close collaboration with Retail, wholesale banking and Agri businesses.
- Fully establish and achieve a Treasury sales plan outlining objectives, key performance targets, client’s metrics, etc.
- Structure and deploy hedging instruments to assist clients in risk managing their currency exposures.
- Provide direct client feedback to other internal stakeholders to further assist in solution and product development particularly design and develop innovative product and service offerings.
- Drive Treasury Sales strategy through projects and analysis focused on drivers of growth and efficiency, such as strategic client targeting, new business origination, product cross-sell, and coverage productivity.
- Fully advise the Treasurer of all pertinent performance and risk management issues at all times.
- Comply with and stay abreast of all applicable policies and procedures.
- Maintain status as subject matter expert with regards to Treasury products and services for the relationship managers, customers, regulators and other key stakeholders.
- Be aware of local competition and market pricing for treasury services. Maintains an awareness of trends and new developments in the field of treasury management through attendance at trade shows and related seminars.
- Build purposeful and effective internal relationships across the bank's business units.
- Develop clear engagement principles to ensure effective resource allocation.
- Provide Leadership to the Treasury Sales team and keeping them focused and motivated in attaining the quantitative and qualitative targets set as well as career development.
- Monitor staff performance, provide appropriate coaching, recognition and feedback.
- Strong understanding of financial markets dynamics, NMB businesses offerings, customers’ businesses and treasury best practices.
- Business development, product development, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Building customer loyalty, partnerships, and successful team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer Focus.
- Innovative and can developing others.
- Strategic decision making.
- Leading through vision and values.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced business degree or equivalent, and Treasury qualification such as ACI or ACT.
- Previous extensive experience in treasury environments and in managing a high skilled financials markets team.
- Must have worked in a financial markets business environment for a minimum of 5 years preferably in sales or origination with at least 3 years at senior leadership role.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY