Senior Continuous Quality Improvement Technical Advisor at IntraHealth
NAFASI ZA AJIRA INTRAHEALTH TANZANIADescription
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
IntraHealth International Tanzania Office is implementing a five-year project (2016 -2021) named Tohara Plus Project for “Accelerating the Scale- up of Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) for HIV prevention for Maximum Public Health Impact in the United Republic of Tanzania, under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)”. This project is funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
IntraHealth International Tanzania office is soliciting applications from suitable candidate to fill in the CQI Senior Technical Advisor Position for IntraHealth Tohara Plus Project. The position will be based in Mwanza.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us
SUMMARY OF ROLE
CQI Senior Technical Advisor will be required to enhance capacity of the Tohara Plus Project to provide technical assistance for VMMC/EIMC CQI interventions and build the capacity of R/CHMTS to standardize and support sustainable CQI interventions. S/He will provide guidance and work with the QI, M&E and technical team members on organizing CQI assessments and standards and train additional health care workers at sites on the use of CQI tools. S/He will lead designing, implementation, and evaluation of VMMC/EIMC CQI interventions for the project to ensure that VMMC/EIMC clients are receiving safe and quality VMMC services. S/He will take the leading role in reporting and documenting all QI initiatives including best practices and lesson learnt within the project.
The Senior CQI Technical Advisor reports to the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Provide technical guidance within the Project on designing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of VMMC/EIMC CQI interventions which are essential for delivery of safe and quality VMMC services in the supported SNUs/regions.
- Oversee implementation MC quality assurance activities against the workplan, monitor progress related to impact of interventions and contribute to the attainment of the National and PEPFAR/CDC QI/QA related milestones.
- Take the leadership role in organizing and supervising technical assistance visits, mentorships, trainings, seminars/workshops on MC quality assurance tools and techniques to ensure quality improvement and quality assurance in delivering VMMC services.
- Ensure VMMC services adhere to WHO, PERFAR/CDC, Government of Tanzania and IntraHealth protocols, policies and guidelines and are consistent with established best practices.
- Engage and build the capacity of R/CHMTS to standardize and support sustainable CQI interventions.
- Supervise reporting and documentation of all QI initiatives including learning plans, best practices and lesson learnt within the project.
- Maintain regular communications on QI/QA related portfolio with MOHCDGEC/NACP and undertake special assignments from the MOHCDGEC/NACP and other partners.
- Participate in preparing Continuation Application, annual QI/QA work plans and budgets.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine with Master’s degree in public health, international health, statistics or related field. Specialization on pediatrics will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of Seven years’ proven experience of working on QI/QA portfolio.
- Excellent knowledge on WHO, PERFAR/CDC, Government of Tanzania QI/QA protocols, policies and guidelines
- Extensive experience on designing, implementing and monitoring quality improvement initiatives.
- Experience in capacity building, such as planning and facilitating training, mentorship and providing technical assistance.
- Experience of working with government, regional and district health officials as well as health facilities
- Good writing skills with ability to document QI/QA initiatives.
Ability to work an irregular schedule on occasion with the ability to travel frequently and on short notice
- Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within your role that result in improvement of IntraHealth's performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high quality results for IntraHealth's success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed upon strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Interpersonal Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments/Country Offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Effective Oral and Written Communication: Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Service Excellence : Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE AND APPLY