Project Finance Manager at Plan International Tanzania
NAFASI ZA AJIRAUsafi wa Mazingira Tanzania (UMATA) is a five-year sanitation and hygiene programme funded by the Global Sanitation Fund (GSF) of the Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC) and implemented by Plan International Tanzania as the Executing Agency (EA) through various sub-grantees (SGs).
Project Finance Manager
This position is to support the successful implementation of the UMATA project in ensuring that all project operations are conducted as per the prescriptions of the Operations Manual (OM) and other approved policies and also in accordance to the donor’s procedures and policies. Controls and monitor the Project budget of approx. US$2.5 million
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
Prepares financial and other reports to aid the preparation of the overall project financial reports for dissemination and decision making. To do this, the position holder:-
• Ensures that project transactions are reviewed and correctly entered into SAP on a timely basis;
• Provides quarterly, semiannual, year-end and other grants financial reports and analyses as per required instructions for management decision making;
• Ensures proper filing (electronic and hard copy) of grants financial reports;
• Assists the Program Director in the preparation of quarterly, semiannual and year-end financial schedules of the project;
• Prepare the quarterly financial report and assists the Program Director with the variance explanations, Communicate with Plan Canada for support on donor reporting deliverables as needed.
• Consolidates and submits monthly community and partner visits reports received from Project Staff;
• Reviews project sub-ledger for all advances and prepaid expenses and follows up on outstanding advances;
• Monitors and reviews advance liquidation.
Budget preparation and Budgetary Control Support for the effective implementation of the UMATA project financial plans. To do this, the position holder will:-
• Be in charge of the preparation of the Project annual work plan budget;
• Monitor project budget and submit request for budget modification to Donor for approval when necessary; ;
• Consolidate monthly project budget and Financial Report;
• Maintain a budgetary control system to monitor grant budget vs. Expenditure and advise management on variances and corrective actions required to be taken;
• Respond to grants financial queries in liaison with the Head of Finance (HOF), Business Development Manager and the Program Director;
• Ensure partners fund disbursement is done on a timely manner as per the agreement.
• Train/coach partner finance staff in delivery of job responsibilities to support grants compliance and financial reporting;
• Ensure Partner liquidations and financial reports are properly reviewed before further funds are advanced;
• Ensure Partners liquidations and quarterly reports are properly reviewed, signed and properly filed.
• Create standard report template for Plan’s partners to ensure consistency in reporting;
• Ensure compliance with best practices and donor specific requirements by Partners/Sub-grantees.
Coordinates Cash Forecasting for the UMATA project to ensure the availability of funds for project operations. To do this, the role will:
• Promptly transfer funds to Project bank accounts and ensure effective cash flow management, this includes Dodoma Bank account;
• Ensure project bank accounts and cash balances never go negative by following up in a timely manner.
• Ensure monthly bank reconciliations is prepared, reviewed, signed and filed accordingly.
• Prepare fund balance statement on a monthly basis and share with the HOF. Share the reconciled fund balance with Project Director and CNO Compliance Manager, on quarterly basis.
Operates the Plan International operation software (SAP) to meet Plan’s/Donor spending and financial reporting requirements. To do this, the role will:
• Submit monthly cash forecast to the Head of Finance;
• Ensure that all approved Project budget account lines - donor account lines together with subsequent modifications are accurate in SAP;
• Undertake checks to ensure that all transactions are accurately entered into the SAP;
• Review and manage recharges within country project budget;
• Ensure the SAP monthly reports are printed and signed off;
• Ensure partners disbursements and liquidations are clearly captured in SAP.
• Analyze project balance especially expense accounts after system closure and effect the necessary corrections with the support of Program Director.
• Ensure NRGrants are identified and corrected on monthly basis
Implement Internal Financial Controls & Payment processes for the attainment of value for money at all times. To do this, the role will:
• Prepare the weekly payment list based on the Cash forecast requirement approved
• Ensure that project payments are made as per approved policies and procedures and donor requirements.
• On a monthly basis, review all the vouchers for completeness and documentation and arithmetic accuracy.
• Ensure that all discrepancies are correct in a timely manner
• Ensure online payments are processed within required time as per weekly payment list, exceptions should be approved by Head of Finance.
• Prepare project financial audit action list after each audit and ensure compliance.
• Monitor and submit quarterly reports on project financial risk.
• Monitor and review timesheets submitted by all staff and ensure that the timesheets are done in a timely manner
• Support CNO Compliance Manager during compliance visits and ensure that required documents are available for review
• Support CNO compliance Manager and Auditor during the Project audit.
• Ensure audit recommendations are implemented within limited time frame.
• Train project assistant accountants in charge of reviewing partner liquidations reports on the donor expectations as to what constitute proper supporting documents.
• Monitor and supervise project assistant accountant to ensure that all the partners liquidations, advance, all expenditures at Dodoma level are processed and posted into SAP system timely.
• Visits districts at least once a quarter to provide needed technical support to UMATA project team.
• Visits partner offices at least twice a year to provide support and ensure that grant requirements are adhered to
• Keeps HOF and Director of Operations informed of any initiative or difficulties relating to the job’s responsibilities.
• Support Country Programme Monitor (CPM) representative during the quarterly visits and ensure that required documents are available for review and all SGs are well informed in advance about the visit for their preparations.
• Fulfills Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to protect children from all forms of abuse
• Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the achievement of organizational goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives: See Section 7e
Qualification and Experience
• In-depth knowledge of the Finance and accounting preferably in Non -profit making organization
• A degree in Accounting or equivalent qualification
• CPA will be an added advantage
• 5 years’ experience in a similar role in an NGO environment
• Knowledge in SAP Accounting software would be an added advantage;
• Good knowledge of Excel
• Show strong understanding and knowledge of Cash Flows, Budgetary Controls and compliance with financial controls
• Fair knowledge of project management
Demonstrated behaviors needed by the position holder to successfully perform the role:
• Communicates clearly and effectively.
• Ability to facilitate participative processes.
• Independence, objectivity and integrity.
• Organized, methodic and meticulous.
• Develops, motivates and coaches direct reports.
• Promotes innovation and learning.
• Gains, develops and retains credibility about his/her Performance.
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
• Good management skills
• Financial Report writing Skills
• Problem solving skills
• Good team player
• Good negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills
• Knowledge in a relevant accounting software and proficient in Microsoft applications especially excel and pivot tables.
• Good communication skills both oral and written
• Good accounting, analytical and judgement skills
• Good supervisory and coordination skills
• Ability to deliver to tight deadlines
Plan International Tanzania is a child centered organization. Protecting the rights of the children is of paramount interest to us. Subsequently, all short listed candidates will undergo a police vetting check for criminal offences particularly relating to any type of child abuse. The successful candidate will be required to sign and adhere to the Plan Tanzania child protection policy.
The above positions carry attractive remuneration as per Plan International Tanzania salary structure and incentive package.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Plan International Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer. Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certificate copies of relevant education and professional qualifications together with names of three referees, and their contact. Therefore all applications should be sent to us via email@example.com not later than 31st December, 2017.