Director of Educational Technology at The International School ofTanganyika (IST)Organizational Context
The International School ofTanganyika (IST) enjoys a reputation, developed since 1963,
as a leading educational institution in Africa. IST employs 120 Teaching staff and 184
Support Staff, representing 19 nationalities. 896 students, of 64 nationalities, are
currently enrolled at the school.
IST has a strong reputation of academic achievement, a rich extra-0irricutar program
and a high degree of commitment to community engagement and service. We are proud
of our balanced program that prepares students to be active and healthy citizens with
We are currently seeking a qualified and experienced Director of Educational
Summarv of the Role
The Director of Educational Technology (DET) is the chief educational technology officer
of the school. The DET is integral to the evolution and development of the school's
educational technology programs and provides leadership on the ICT Strategic
Committee. The DET also provides long tenm vision for technology use in school along
with policies/prooedures for effectively implementing them. The DET is responsible for
coordinating. through frequent discussions, the work of the Systems/Network
Administrator, Campus Tech Coordinators/integrators and the tech support staff. The
DET sets long tenm goals for technology use in school and finalizes proposals for yearly
budgets, long tenm planning, and the overall distribution and redistribution of ICT
The DET builds cohesive teams and works collaboratively with faculty, students, parents,
and staff across the entire community. The DET engages robust plans and assures the
organization of a stable and easily accessible network facility; the availability of
necessary tools and equipment for all staff and students; and the development of a
cphesive staff professional development program to ensure transfer of skills and, thus,
rich instructional experiences for students. The DET also supports teachers in the
classroom with planning and instnuctional methods in order to integrate technology in
their classrooms. The DET acts as both a child advocate and a parent liaison as
required, and will work collaboratively and equally with school administrators and
leadership, technology specialists, faculty, and staff.
• Achiever - driven to work collaboratively with others, take initiative and deliver
• Organizer - attentive to the future by providing and developing clear structures and
infonmation to members of the community.
• Problem Solver - cognizant of the situation and detenmined to involve others in
seeking solutions to problems.
• Adaptable - ability and mindset to adjust to the working and living conditions in Dar
• Fun Loving - modeler who lives a balanced life and appreciates the lighter
moments of work and relationships with colleagues.
• Relational - interest, skills and passion in developing relationships with students
and always considering the students when making decisions.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
• Demonstrated lifelong learner.
• A thought leader.
• A strong leadership orientation.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
• Expertise with Windows, Apple and Google platforms.
• Experience in working in a 1: 1 environment.
• Experience in effectively implementing SIS & LMS systems.
• Fluency with and current knowledge of relevant software, hardware, networks,
e-learning and infrastructure processes.
• Teaching fl.Xperience of at least 5 years.
• Experience in overseeing IT staff and with budgeting.
• Deep understanding of instructional pedagogies and collaborative processes.
• Experience in the development and implementation of curriculum.
• MA/M.Ed./M.Sc. or equivalent Advanced Degree.
• Formal leadership and team management experience of at least 3 years.
• Overseas experience in the international spectnum.
• Appropriate licensure or certification in a relevant field.
• Experiences in developing online and/or blended learning environments.
• Continuous professional development experiences in technology.
An attractive salary and benefits package within the Vice Principal salary range will be
offered to the successful candidate.
Mode of Application:
Applications in electronic form only, should be forwarded to
email@example.com no later than 15h00 (UTC+ 03.00) on Friday, 15 December, 2017.
Please include the following as a single pdf attachment:·
• Cover letter including name of position applying.
• Resume or CV.
• Names and positions of at least three referees, with current telephones and email
Please keep attachment less than 2 megabytes in total. You may view the Job
Description for this position through our website www.istafrica.com
• The areas of responsibilities and person specification are not exhaustive.The
appointed candidate will be expected to develop the role to suit the requirements of
• Due to volume of applications only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.