Director of Railway Regulation (Head Office) at Surface and Marine Transport Regulatory Authority (SUMATRA)
The Surface and Marine Transport Regulatory Authority (SUMATRA) is a Government Regulatory Authority established by the SUMATRA Act. CAP 413. SUMATRA's role is to regulate, promote and facilitate availability of efficient, safe, quality, reliable and economic transport services in the Surface and Marine Transport sub-sectors through competition and fair trade practices.
The Authority is an equal opportunity employer and it intends to recruit qualified, competent, dynamic and self-motivated Tanzanians to fill the following vacant position:
DIRECTOR OF RAILWAY REGULATION (Head Office) - 1 Post -REF No. DRR/2017
Director of Railway Regulation reports to the Director General
Duties and Responsibilities
• To advise the Director General on railway regulation;
• To have overall responsibility for the regulation and monitoring of railway safety and ensuring that railway undertakings maintain adequate safety standards and comply with. all relevant railway safety regulation;
• To monitor and prevent the abuse of the monopoly position in the railway transport sector;
• To coordinate the issuance of licenses to railways transport operators;
• To regulate railway tariffs and monitor service standards therein;
• To investigate railway accidents and incidents;
• To approve new rail infrastructure rolling stocks and safety systems;
• To monitor the adequacy of investment in railway transport and levels of return on investment;
• To promote inter-modal transport cooperation;
• To contribute and manage the strategic business planning and budgeting process;
• To manage the individual set objectives/targets and performance standards process as part of the individual performance agreement;
• To manage the open performance review and appraisal process of subordinates' and provide feedback as appropriate; and
• To perform any other duties assigned by the Director General.
Minimum qualifications and Requirements:
• University Postgraduate Degree in Engineering (Civil. Electrical. Mechanical) or its equivalent.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Civil. Electrical. Mechanical) or its equivalent;
• Registered Professional Engineer by Engineers Registration Board (T) with a valid Practicing License; and
• At least ten (10) years of working experience five (5) years of which must be at senior managerial position in a reputable institution (preferable an institution related to the post).
CANDIDATES ATTRIBUTES FOR THE ABOVE VACANT POSITION
Candidates for the position to be filled must:
• Demonstrate highest degree of integrity;
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Be self driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
• Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight schedules and deadlines; and
• Possess basic knowledge in Information and Communication Technology (lCT) applications. such as Microsoft Office package.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Successful candidate will be employed on five (5) years contract including six months of probation. renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates.
• Applications should be on applicants' own handwriting indicating the Ref. No. of the application. accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates and detailed contacts of three (3) reliable referees.
• Application letter and the envelope should have the Reference Number (Ref. No.) of the post applied.
• Application without Ref. No. will not be considered.
• Applications with statement/Provisional results or Statements of Results from any institution where
• Certificates have already been issued will not be considered.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATION
Application should be submitted to the address below not later than Wednesday. 13th December. 2017. Any application received after the due date will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for Interview.
SUMATRA HEAD OFFICE,
A.H. MWANYI RD/NKOMO ST.
P.O. BOX 3093, DAR ES SALAAM.
This advertisement is also available online at: www.sumatra.go.tz
SOURCE: Mwananchi 30/11/2017