STATISTICIAN-CARE STUDY AT NIMR-MWANZA RESEARCH CENTRE
The Sauti Program is providing Biomedical, Structural and Behavioral Change interventions in 11 Regions of Tanzania to reduce new HIV infections. As part of the large Sauti research portfolio, the CARE study is integrated into the Sauti Services. The study aims to evaluate the effect of cash transfer on the reduction of HIV infection among vulnerable adolescent girls and young women aged 15-23 years
The National Institute for Medical Research - Mwanza Medical Research Center as partner of the Sauti Program will oversee the implementation of CARE Study. The NIMR led Research Portfolio of the Sauti program have the following vacant position:
Title: Statistician- CARE study (1 position)
Reports to: Principal Investigator
Duration: 24 months
• Provide statistical expertise for CARE cluster randomized trial conducted by SAUTI project.
• Responsible for statistical analysis and interpretation of CARE study data.
Qualifications / Experience:
• PhD in Statistics or Epidemiology
• Excellent Practical experience of data analysis
The successful candidate will work at NIMR Mwanza center and should be ready to take-up the job immediately.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates with respect to NIMR Scheme of service.
• Application letters should be written in English.
• Applications should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts
• Applicants must attach their relevant certified copies of academic certificates.
• Application letter should be attached with Curriculum vitae
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Closing date for application 11th September 2017
Send the application via e-mail to:
NIMR Mwanza Center,
SOURCE: DAILY NEWS MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2017
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is the largest public health research institution in Tanzania. It was established by the Parliament Act No. 23 of 1979 as a parastatal organization under the Ministry of Health. The establishment of NIMR was in recognition by the government of the need to generate scientific information required in the development of better methods and techniques of enhancing disease management, prevention and control in the country.